The Babadook pop up book

Got my book today and it's incredible!

Although it's not an exact copy of the book from the movie, I think the little changes actually make it better!

I love the pet dogs bigger part in the story!

I'm absolutely ***king furious. Just got home from work… package there. Three books… yep.

NOT ONE SIGNATURE ….. NOT ONE NUMBER…. the only thing numbered are the black boxes they came in! How the **** can this happen!

Thank you CaptainEO and Vandark

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm absolutely ***king furious. Just got home from work… package there. Three books… yep.

NOT ONE SIGNATURE ….. NOT ONE NUMBER…. the only thing numbered are the black boxes they came in! How the **** can this happen!

https://www.facebook.com/TheBabadook/posts/1188698691221001

"HINT TO BOOK BUYERS. YOUR BOOK'S 1ST EDITION BOOK PLATE IS HIDDEN ON THE LAST PAGE, UNDER A PAGE (That's the way Babadook likes to do things. Sneakily.)
No matter which book you're getting, whether it's signed and numbered, signed only, or not signed, your book will have a book plate like the one in the photos to say it's a first edition, genuine Babadook book.
So before you say 'ah you Babadook people! You forgot my signed and numbered copy, you b@st@rds!!!!!!' Please check the flap at the back."

14889838_1188696311221239_1711688692378049426_o.jpg

did u check in the secret compartment behind the back page?

Oh thank heavens for that…. isn't that a stupid thing to do, especially if you aren't following them on Facebook! Seriously.. whoever thought of that idea deserves a ******** bitch slap.

Thank you @CaptainEO and @Vandark

:lol I saw that post about hiding the signature in back and I knew someone was going to miss it and flip out. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh thank heavens for that…. isn't that a stupid thing to do, especially if you aren't following them on Facebook! Seriously.. whoever thought of that idea deserves a ******** bitch slap.

As they stated: "That's the way Babadook likes to do things. Sneakily" :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it was because I saw one of the books on eBay earlier, and in the description, the guy says one of the plates was missing from his…. so I jumped to the conclusion that this must be common!. Thankfully all is cool!

Here's a little preview of one of the books features, posted today on the official Facebook page:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/TheBabadook/videos/1191132867644250/[/video]

That's crazy!!!

The Babadook team actually posted a statement about the whole eBay reselling situation today:

A WORD TO BABADOOK BOOK EBAY RESELLERS.
Firstly, Babadook is going to kill you for immediately reselling his books on ebay at inflated prices you realise?

Secondly, it's a bit disappointing to see people doing this, as so many fans who actually really wanted a book (and who deserved a book at a normal price) missed out. But you can't stop people being total Babadookers, that's life.

We just want our fans to know it doesn't represent us, we don't condone it, and we personally think it's poor form.

Also, a note to people tempted to buy these books. DON'T.

We would rather do a small run of 2nd edition books for fans who desperately want one to keep, further down the track. We don't want anyone paying thousands straight after release, that's just nuts.

So hang in there and save your money guys.

Too right! It's the reason why I was only giving the link to purchase extra books - waiting list - to members here, so that fans would get them, and not scalpers.

Have you got the link to the post?

Funny thing is.. with the numbers… Causway Films will know exactly who the scalpers were :D

That's crazy!!!

The Babadook team actually posted a statement about the whole eBay reselling situation today:

A WORD TO BABADOOK BOOK EBAY RESELLERS.
Firstly, Babadook is going to kill you for immediately reselling his books on ebay at inflated prices you realise?

Secondly, it's a bit disappointing to see people doing this, as so many fans who actually really wanted a book (and who deserved a book at a normal price) missed out. But you can't stop people being total Babadookers, that's life.

We just want our fans to know it doesn't represent us, we don't condone it, and we personally think it's poor form.

Also, a note to people tempted to buy these books. DON'T.

We would rather do a small run of 2nd edition books for fans who desperately want one to keep, further down the track. We don't want anyone paying thousands straight after release, that's just nuts.

So hang in there and save your money guys.
And it will be because of these people selling on ebay, that I foresee another run of books sooner than later.
I know those who were on the first run do not like thinking that will happen, but you are hearing it from the actual creators.

With statements like: "it's a bit disappointing to see people doing this, as so many fans who actually really wanted a book (and who deserved a book at a normal price) missed out."... " to people tempted to buy these books. DON'T!" ... "We would rather do a small run of 2nd edition books for fans who desperately want one to keep"...
and after getting an email reply from them that they are definitely thinking about another run...

I don't think the next run will be much further down the line.

Well I didn't get a tracking number or mailing confirmation or anything BUT I just picked up a parcel from the post Office Depot tonight and it's here! This thing is NICE! Didn't realise how much is hand cut - not just the pop ups, but also a LOT of the text and pictures are seperately cut out and glued on layers. Very good quality. And signed and numbered. :)

I just received tracking information as well. I wasn't expecting it so soon as I missed out on the initial opening by like a week and only got my order in once they reopened orders.

Looks like someone suggested that the Babadook team look up the edition numbers on eBay, and cross check to see who it was that placed the orders, and then ban them from ordering any more stuff in the future. They seemed to reply, "Done", to appear that they are already on top of it. :lol
They really are not happy at all about this.
IMG_7585.PNG

:lol Reading their comments on Facebook is great! They are looking each person who scalps these up and are going to personally write to them about how uncool this is. Plus, anyone who is listing before the book is shipped, they said they will look at canceling those orders and refunding their money.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back