Bandai release schedule

I think it's funny how popular the B-wing is despite it was BARELY ever seen on screen. That said, I'm building one for sure.

True ! As for me its a retro-connection to my childhood. I was 10 when ROTJ came out, so when the old Kenner toys hit the stores. I was amazed by the art for it. If I remeber right it had the exploding Death Star in the background. And so it was the first vehicle ever, I proudly bought with my first hard earned money by lawn mowing and dog-walking in the neighbourhood :) :)

So now the question is, is the B-wing supposed to be oriented as it is in the Bandai image, or should it be vertical like it is in ROTJ?
I was always under the impression that there is no specific orientation of the B-wing, that it's constantly changing depending the turn or rotation. That is why the cockpit is on a gyro system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would assume, there will be another connecting point between the engines, and a cover part for the hull. Personaly I prefer it upright with slightly tilted to one side

Ok, never noticed that before. But the A-Wing Pilot is definatly smaller than the Snowspeeder pilots.
Comparing all the spare flaties and figures I have, the A-Wing pilot is same as Vader, maybe 1mm taller than TIE or Rebel pilots.
Maybe the Rebels had only tall pilots left for the smallest fighter :)

Hey RS ,

That’s pretty much what I was referring to regarding the available Bandai 1/72 A-wings’ scale .
I had to go by what I was seeing and reading on others posts ( not having purchased one myself as yet ) .
That plus the ease in which some people were modifying theirs into 1/48 versions by simply changing the Pilot - not only that , but you see what I mean .
I’m guessing the explanation outlined by @inquisitorPeregrinus is as good to go by as any , as to the reason/s of why .
Finally , IMO the A-wing should be a smaller craft when compared to the X and Y - wings , due to it’s superior speed and manoeuvrability ( as attributed in something I’ve read - can’t recall ATM ) , and it looks that way on screen !:lol;)

:cheersGed

Last edited:
Why do I feel like they displayed the 1/72, but will actually wind up giving us a 1/144?

A 1/72 would be a godsend and I am still crossing my fingers hoping that doesn't become "vapor ware" like the larger "moving edition" AT-AT

At any rate, the news of the figure line being available to the US is great as well. Sure, it wasn't like they were hard to get, but this is good news since Bandai can actively market to and develop kits for outside the Japanese market as well as being able to project sales more accurately. Hopefully that in turn leads to more kits, as well as "riskier" kits

Hopefully that also means they can ditch the flatties in the vehicles kits for 3-D figures again

And maybe as a by-product, maybe Hasbro will step up its game with the Black Series

Hopefully that also means they can ditch the flatties in the vehicles kits for 3-D figures again

This would be the greatest benefit of the whole deal to me. I was fortunate to get the original Japanese release of most kits that still had the 3D figures, luckily. I would hope to have them in future releases of any ships too.

I was away from my computer all weekend, so the B-Wing is a nice surprise for Monday morning! I'm sure we'll have it by the end of the year. I wonder if Bandai will include landing gear. We see it parked inside the Home One hangar in ROTJ, but as far as I know there are no clear official images of what the gear looked like.

Check out Colin Cantwell on Instagram , he's just posted news relating to the Solo movie, this has a liitle more potential than we might think.

Like I said, if it shows up in a movie, there's a small chance of it getting at least a Vehicle Model if it's prominent enough in the ads like with the AT-M6. Just my two cents though.

Like I said, if it shows up in a movie, there's a small chance of it getting at least a Vehicle Model if it's prominent enough in the ads like with the AT-M6. Just my two cents though.
He also posted it on Instagram, it's a very different design. I hope it's not just in the background and plays into the Solo movie plot some how.

I was always under the impression that there is no specific orientation of the B-wing, that it's constantly changing depending the turn or rotation. That is why the cockpit is on a gyro system.

Yes this. Well unless Disney decides otherwise. They've also been show to land horizontally or be stored vertically in a rack. That was in EU material though. I think the X-Wing game started the thing of it flying horizontally and then vertically with s-foils open. I just think they either didn't know how it was supposed to fly, or the technology then wouldn't allow you to fly around with the cockpit rotating.

The images in ROTJ pretty definitely show the flight configuration for the B-Wing with the cockpit on top. The rotating cockpit idea is silly, IMHO, since there is no up or down in space. In my head canon, the cockpit only rotates to land. I guess that episode of Rebels contradicts that idea, but Hera's B-Wing was also a prototype.
star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-10201.jpgstar-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-10209.jpgstar-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-10252.jpgstar-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-10304.jpgstar-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-11087.jpgstar-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-11114.jpgstar-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-11180.jpgstar-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-6019.jpg

The images in ROTJ pretty definitely show the flight configuration for the B-Wing with the cockpit on top. The rotating cockpit idea is silly, IMHO, since there is no up or down in space. In my head canon, the cockpit only rotates to land. I guess that episode of Rebels contradicts that idea, but Hera's B-Wing was also a prototype.
View attachment 797009View attachment 797010View attachment 797011View attachment 797012View attachment 797013View attachment 797014View attachment 797015View attachment 797016

I will respectfully disagree and leave it at that. It's much more interesting to have a rotating ship instead of a flying crucifix. Even with your screen grabs I don't see a definitive angle.

If I remember right, Hera only flew the prototype in athmosphere. Maybe the B-Wing is setverticaly in athmosphere and for landing approach and crucifix-mode in space

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back