Horror Movie Marathon

Return of the living dead is surprisingly really good with little semblance to the original. ROTLD and reanimated are some of the quirkier horror films from the 1980s out there. I've never heard of the midnight hour but now I have to check it out.

The full film is on Youtube, the DVD and VHS are quite rare. It's way better than any TV movie has a right to be.

White Zombie. Another good Lugosi creeper although it looks like the budget was $5.

Carpenter's Halloween ​premiered on this day in 1978. That will be today's fare. Haven't seen it all the way through without commercials in years. Blu-ray time!

American werewolf in London has numerous memorable scenes which remain etched in mind decades after first seeing it. The mutant werewolves invading a family dinner and the nightmare fakeouts in the hospital come immediately to mind. Also I have to mention the howling in tandem with AWIL.

I'll be watching a forgotten one...1983's The Keep.

Is that the one with the tangerine dream soundtrack?

Don't watch horror like I used to but american werewolf and alien still get seen now and again.

We used to go to our nearest ABC cinema in the late eighties and watch all night showings of the complete 13th series and Elm st marathons. Mad max trilogy and such too.
Now those were the days....

I would do two trips back and forth to ferry all of our lot in my morris minor, back when i was the only one with a car :)

Going with "Interview with a vampire" tonight

Personally, I can't stand Tom Cruise. At all. But I will have to give him props for Lestat. Back in the day before the movie came out, I was one of those people saying it was the worst casting decision ever made. However, after seeing the movie I was all into it. I honestly cannot see anyone else as Lestat but him.

Queen of the Damned suuuuuuuuucked!!!! That guy was awful!!!

You too eh? :lol

Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY were convinced he would suck and ruin the film, but I had a friend who worked on the film and he told me a LOT of people are going to eat crow when it comes out and boy was he right!

Cruise OWNED that role!! :thumbsup

Personally, I can't stand Tom Cruise. At all. But I will have to give him props for Lestat. Back in the day before the movie came out, I was one of those people saying it was the worst casting decision ever made. However, after seeing the movie I was all into it. I honestly cannot see anyone else as Lestat but him.

Queen of the Damned suuuuuuuuucked!!!! That guy was awful!!!

Watched Carpenter's Halloween for the first time in years. What a fun film; great script, directing, and Curtis is fabulous in it. She holds it together.

Mark of the Vampire. Not the most believable premise, but watchable. Lugosi's working it. Also the Cushing/Lee Hound of the Baskervilles. Nicely done.

This morning treated myself to The Thing from Another World. The first and best of the 50s alien invader films. One of my all-time favorites. Love this film.

Today's fare was The Night Stalker. Still fun. I remember watching it when it premiered as the ABC Movie of the Week in the early 70s. Great script and cast elevates it. Short, right to the point, no extra crap. Beautifully done.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back