Greatest American Hero (reboot)

tumblr_mrezj4JXFF1qiy629o7_400.gif

After the original ended, they were going to immediately reboot it as "Greatest American Heroine". They did a transitional pilot that appears on the series DVD. It wasn't very good and never went to series.

A movie remake of a half-forgotten 1980s TV show. A comic-type superhero in the realistic modern world. A gender-swapped hero.

Haven't seen this stuff before.

I don't really care, if it's a good show I'll watch. However can you imagine the outcry from American media if they switched a female character or minority character? They'd lose their s*** and everyone involved would be attacked online so much the company would fire them all.

Not the greatest show by far, but oh so much 80's cheese and cameo appearances to love. Still don't know how his partner was always snacking on those dog biscuits. Shame William Katt really did not do to much after the show ended. I really enjoyed the film "House" that he did with the tall guy (Richard Moll) from Night Court.

It was already supposed to have been rebooted as a woman anyway, way back then. Indian actresses have made some strides rather quickly in Hollywood: Aarti Mann, Mindy Kaling, Parminder Nagra. Gotta be honest: after watching the gorgeous Archie Panjabi beat someone with a baseball bat and have lesbian sex on The Good Wife, I always wondered what she'd look like as a superheroine.

If they actually go through with the character "Meera" (a 30something Indian woman living in Cleveland) as announced, this will be a breakthrough for US TV as the first Indian-American actress to headline a TV show. This is a welcome development, and not just for politically correct diversity reasons. I hope that she and the suit are stunning, that the series makes it through at least one whole season, and that it inspires some great cosplay. :)

Last edited:
... this will be a breakthrough for US TV as the first Indian-American actress to headline a TV show. This is a welcome development, and not just for politically correct diversity reasons. I hope that she and the suit are stunning, that the series makes it through at least one whole season, and that it inspires some great cosplay. :)

??

The Mindy Project - Vera Mindy Chokalingam

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1411676/bio

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back