Solo: A Star Wars Story

JD, there are over 100.000 members of this site and for you to continnualy suggest that out of all those people I have chosen a person like you to have an obsession, or fascination with you is further proof that you need to seek professional attention. The continuing allegations and posting of lame pictures simply highlights this even further.

Because I called you out, highlighting your particularly distasteful post, you have chosen an angle to react that that is really very sad and quite frankly, disturbing.

If you would only stop dragging me back into these situations, trust me, I can happily go about the rest of my life without ever feeling the need to respond to any of your posts and I wouldnt lose a seconds sleep if you choose to follow the same, logical approach with my posts. There will be nothing I post that has anything to do with you or refers to you in any way whatsoever moving forward.

As simply placing you on my ignore list would be something that a person like you are displaying you are would only exploit, I have taken the action with the proper authorities here in the hope that the above approach can be achieved.

Everything from this point is solely your responsibility.

Creepy creeper gets creepier.
download.jpg

See, nothing cryptic about the marketing for Solo, simply a first where two film being released in such close proximity.

Attachments

• C7FFFDEA-6399-41C3-A1D8-1725EB34F9BB.png
    C7FFFDEA-6399-41C3-A1D8-1725EB34F9BB.png
    1 MB · Views: 106
New Snowtrooper. I feel "range trooper" is a working name since the name was slapped onto the first leaked Lego figure of a completely different design

26734324_10211548105474087_6400103923245524886_n.jpg

This all but confirms the rumor from Celebration of a new snowtrooper costume seen on the Producer's tablets when they were flipping through them at the Rosen Center bar one evening, described as a snowtrooper w/ "Game of Thrones" style fur on it- Hence, that shawl on the collar around the neck.

This may have already been discussed, but my worry about this movie is this-

The arc we see for Solo, going from ANH to ROTJ, is selfish smuggler that believes in nothing but himself, to military leader, willing to sacrifice for a cause he believes in.

To me, that means that at the end of this film, we'll be left with the selfish guy again, & I'm not sure how people are going to like the guy we end up with.

I mean, we know he was kinda good at heart, because of the fact he'd rescued Chewie from slavery & deserted the Imperial Navy. Well, those that believe the supplemental material matters know that. So what Han Solo will be what we're left with, & will people want to see him?

The arc we see for Solo, going from ANH to ROTJ, is selfish smuggler that believes in nothing but himself, to military leader, willing to sacrifice for a cause he believes in.

To me, that means that at the end of this film, we'll be left with the selfish guy again, & I'm not sure how people are going to like the guy we end up with.

I mean, we know he was kinda good at heart, because of the fact he'd rescued Chewie from slavery & deserted the Imperial Navy. Well, those that believe the supplemental material matters know that. So what Han Solo will be what we're left with, & will people want to see him?

I think a proper character arc for his transition into ANH should reflect that he does become that selfish kind of guy, but for a good reason. I think the only element of that character "DJ" in TLJ was reminiscent of Solo's character in ANH, in that he doesn't want to bother unless it makes him rich.

I could picture Solo having gone from that kind of "heroic" mentality but becoming bitter and resentful after a dose of "reality," leading into that selfish character

I think a proper character arc for his transition into ANH should reflect that he does become that selfish kind of guy, but for a good reason. I think the only element of that character "DJ" in TLJ was reminiscent of Solo's character in ANH, in that he doesn't want to bother unless it makes him rich.

I could picture Solo having gone from that kind of "heroic" mentality but becoming bitter and resentful after a dose of "reality," leading into that selfish character

Absolutely. Very good point.

I'm also wondering how the new trilogy's depiction will affect the overall character. Let's say they play it like you said, which I can totally buy. Then we go through the OT arc, & see him win the Princess & get ready to settle down. Then here comes TFA, & learn that he's still a pretty much a selfish guy, that would walk out on his wife when things got tough, which he admits that he did, just to manipulate her feelings, & had hardly any bond with his son, because he didn't understand the power within him.

Don't misunderstand... I'm not crapping on what was done at all. I think it's a great arc for a realistic character. I'm just wondering how general audiences are going to like it.

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm gearing up for an all-out remake of the holy trilogy. Disney will bend Star Wars to it's will so that there can be no more complaints about continuity of characters and story any longer. Mark my words.

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to." - Kylo Ren

I get the message, Disney. Loud and clear.

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm gearing up for an all-out remake of the holy trilogy. Disney will bend Star Wars to it's will so that there can be no more complaints about continuity of characters and story any longer. Mark my words.

Not a chance.

I think Solo is a $500-750M proposition. Look for similar BO as GOTG global.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/report...-box-office-compared-to-other-star-wars-films

I would put that past Disney, remaking the OT! I don't want to see that, but the Mouse is gonna do what the Mouse is gonna do.

Now, remaking the Prequel Trilogy... or how about a PT-SE with 100% less senate debate and 98% less Jar-Jar :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Okay, I have to admit...the potential cheese factor is at least making me smile.

One thing I’ve noticed with reviews of TLJ, is the obligatory “how beautiful it looks”; which, to me, is the “she has a great personality” of movie critiques. It struck me after a 2nd viewing that RJ seems to think he’s Stanley Kubrick; except RJ just assumes you can just paint a beautiful scene and everything else – like an interesting story - will follow accordingly. It didn’t for me.

Solo already doesn’t “look” great. That said, the story is bound to at least be simple and easy to follow, if not spectacular and twisting (it will probably even be eye-rolling at times).

So…could this be the next “Flash Gordon”? That movie was ridiculous on merit, and had compromises all over the place because, among other reasons, it was reported that the people shooting the film never could decide if it was supposed to be campy or dark. But it was FUN.

I think what I’m trying to say here, is...could *this* actually be the Star Wars movie I've been waiting for? Screw it, I'm going to let myself be excited for this. I REALLY want to have fun at a Star Wars movie again, even if it requires some wincing.

I'm not sure what this is from, it was posted at Starship Modeler, but it shows a variant similar to this Falcon version. That variant has normal width mandibles.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91d687JBWEL._SL1500_.jpg

That might be from the new Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars RPG. The designs themselves, though, look similar to a lot of the WEG stuff from the 80s and early 90s.

Not a chance.

I think Solo is a $500-750M proposition. Look for similar BO as GOTG global.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/report...-box-office-compared-to-other-star-wars-films

Agreed that Disney will never remake the OT. I don't think there'd be an audience for it at all. What you'd be more likely to see is what they've been doing: continuing to play in that OT setting, occasionally revisiting OT characters at different points in their lives, but otherwise steering clear of the OT itself. A true remake would just tick off the hardcore fans and bore the younger fans who will want to find out what happened to Rey, Finn, Poe, and Rose after Episode IX.

Wow. This resembles ESB snowtrooper mashed up with the physique of Dave Bautista.

New Snowtrooper. I feel "range trooper" is a working name since the name was slapped onto the first leaked Lego figure of a completely different design

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=4f9b4bbdbf755cd5d8ffcb59fc80930e&oe=5AE5A82A

This all but confirms the rumor from Celebration of a new snowtrooper costume seen on the Producer's tablets when they were flipping through them at the Rosen Center bar one evening, described as a snowtrooper w/ "Game of Thrones" style fur on it- Hence, that shawl on the collar around the neck.

The Mimbans are from the Splinter of the Mind's Eye novel. They lived on Circarpous V so that could be another planet in the movie.

I've been in Witness Protection since 1999 because of my defense of the Prequels. :)

I'm not sure what this is from, it was posted at Starship Modeler, but it shows a variant similar to this Falcon version. That variant has normal width mandibles.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91d687JBWEL._SL1500_.jpg

That is from the Haynes Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual, which falls into the same category as the Ultimate Guides/Incredible cross-section books& Visual dictionaries, canon

71Ln53noIOL.jpg

J

Like I've said before we don't have proof that Han is always selfish. He could have been the hero we see in ROTJ, but something happens and he says "Well screw everyone, I'm only worrying about myself now." I predict it will be a woman's fault because I've been there. :lol ;) ;)

Like I've said before we don't have proof that Han is always selfish. He could have been the hero we see in ROTJ, but something happens and he says "Well screw everyone, I'm only worrying about myself now." I predict it will be a woman's fault because I've been there. :lol ;) ;)

You dang Skippy!!!

I could see that too. My thought was, we see him return to a kinda selfish guy by the time of TFA. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to be his default personality.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back