Lifesize 3D printed Porg - LTJ

Howlrunner

Sr Member
Yes, everyone's favourite creature, from everyone's favourite Star Wars movie! :p;)

Sorry, but I love creatures and I had to have a porg for my collection. Unfortunately all of the commercially available porgs look awful (unless there's an offering I don't know about) and I was mulling over the idea of sculpting one, until I found this free 3D file:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/porg-star-wars-the-last-jedi-47553

Luckily my friend has a 3D printer, so he was able to do me one at roughly lifesize. Unluckily, the printer messed up on the ends of the wings, but it wasn't a difficult fix with some Milliput:
sU1erE2.jpg

qzHSNUL.jpg

K64AXrO.jpg

Base layer of colours down (looks like it's made of chocolate at this point!):
AJn3APA.jpg

Most porgs I've seen are based on the more guinea pig-like version seen screaming in the trailer with the orange colouring on the head, but I went for the first porg that anyone every saw, the one from the behind the scenes sizzle reel:
1*POKAMUupnw_gk08RnChNZQ.jpeg

And many different shades of brown and creams later:
IACUYcn.jpg

Then off to Ahch-to for a photo shoot :) :
NrFB8W0.jpg

g7JDfI4.jpg

GsMRdb5.jpg

Attachments

• 1*POKAMUupnw_gk08RnChNZQ.jpeg
    1*POKAMUupnw_gk08RnChNZQ.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 145
Do you know what percentage he printed the porg in? I cant tell if the 3D
file is full size or not.

Anybody able to print one of these for me? Happy to cover all costs and shipping etc. I only have shapeways as a way of printing and they want about $300 to print this lol

Do you know what percentage he printed the porg in? I cant tell if the 3D
file is full size or not.

I'm pretty sure that the 3D file is much smaller than lifesize. I asked him, but he doesn't know what percentage he printed this at - he said he just maxed out the percentage, while still making sure it could fit within the print area of his Delta. So it's actually printed at 160% file size. My one is approximately 14cm tall, which is a nice height for a young porg, but probably not quite big enough for a fully grown one.

Looking cool. How did you paint the eyes?

I painted the eyes a dark brown, then dry-brush mottled different shades of lighter browns over it, ensuring that they blended. Then painted the large black iris over that once dry, making sure to blend the edges of the black. Then gave the whole thing a good coat of gloss varnish.

Last edited:
I painted the eyes a dark brown, then dry-brush mottled different shades of lighter browns over it, ensuring that they blended. Then painted the large black iris over that once dry, making sure to blend the edges of the black. Then gave the whole thing a good coat of gloss varnish.
Thanks for the info. It really looks alive. The fur is also really well done. Great work.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back