TLJ Ben Solo Jedi Academy Lightsaber

awesome-ness snip!

Holy damn. Yours looks so much nicer than mine, and finished too!
vjGago5.jpg

My only question is, black, blue or raw pommel?

Any idea what the price range might be for a reproduction of this one?

Not that far just yet. Once the design has the final tweaks I'll get a machining quote and a prototype moving in order to open the run. Timeline is going to be starting in March I think, because of the holidays coming up in China.

Though I know guabe; will be releasing the print version on his shapeways store much sooner so you can get one printed if you so choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can never figure out what the significance of the staff may be, or why it is covered in Darth Maul emitters.

Those pieces have been identified. They arent actually the same as the parts on Darth Maul's saber, though they bear s resemblance.

I know...that puzzled a lot of people. There's also the orange blaster as well.

Not sure about the staff, but i know a lot of people asked Anovos about blasters to go with their suits, too. Could be a successful argument was made their part of the costume. Ben's saber is doubtful in that regard (part of the costume) because I doubt 'Ben Solo's PJ's' would be a big seller :)

I've got the initial renders of Ben solos lightsaber done. Modding from My v2, but it just doesn't look right yet. Even if it's a straight mod, it should look ok. Will play with it some more, but expect a run to open soon :D

To me the neck seems abnormally long compared to the photo we have seen from the film. But this is truly the Kylo saber with the quillion removed. We're still playing with perspective some to see if maybe they made some other changes to the saber, instead of simply using a modded crossguard. Since we only see one side of it there is no way to know if the destroyed cutout exists, but I"m willing to take a flying guess it's not there.

The core cutout is clearly something that was either done when it cracked and became unstable where he had to find a way to vent it, or he tore it open in order to easily tease the electronics to handle the new cracked crystal. In the TLJ VD it shows Kylos saber crossguard and it mentions the core is exposed to easier access and modify the electronics.

Wonderful!
Any chance it'll be able to accommodate a 26650 battery? I think at least one of the Kylo's can, but apparently I'm already pre-planning a neopixel build so it'd be lovely to know.

The internals will be the same size as the V2 crossguard, and there is lots of room in there for a 26650. Just current no chassis designed yet for them.

Wonderful!
Any chance it'll be able to accommodate a 26650 battery? I think at least one of the Kylo's can, but apparently I'm already pre-planning a neopixel build so it'd be lovely to know.

The internals will be the same size as the V2 crossguard, and there is lots of room in there for a 26650. Just current no chassis designed yet for them.

Guess I'll get on that.
Will message your fb page some time after chrissy to bug you for internal dimensions.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back