The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes Stunt lightsaber.

My thought as a toy collector is this:

ESB Yoda - No lightsaber in use in the film = No lightsaber included with Black Series release.

RotJ Palpatine - No lightsaber in use in the film = No lightsaber included with Black Series release.

TLJ Old Luke Black Series release = No lightsaber included.

Kinda leans me to him not having one. Put that with the quote from the trailer of the Jedi needing to end, and I think not only is he not going to wield a lightsaber, but I think we're all going to be a little disappointed in Luke's role...

Onto that stunt saber that was posted about, to me, use the real thing or it doesn't count. Lol. Stunt saber or not your gonna have to get that thing SPINNING for fans to not realize Jaw's head is actually only rubber. Wait... Wrong stunt.

None of the figures of Rey came with a lightsaber till after 7 came out.

I have the Disney die cast figure that sold before the films release... they later re released the same figure with the same accessories except they added the saber... soo... your assumption may be wrong.

I'm WANTING him to use a saber... but I don't think he will... I've got a bad feeling tbh with you.

My thought as a toy collector is this:

ESB Yoda - No lightsaber in use in the film = No lightsaber included with Black Series release.

RotJ Palpatine - No lightsaber in use in the film = No lightsaber included with Black Series release.

TLJ Old Luke Black Series release = No lightsaber included.

Kinda leans me to him not having one. Put that with the quote from the trailer of the Jedi needing to end, and I think not only is he not going to wield a lightsaber, but I think we're all going to be a little disappointed in Luke's role...

Onto that stunt saber that was posted about, to me, use the real thing or it doesn't count. Lol. Stunt saber or not your gonna have to get that thing SPINNING for fans to not realize Jaw's head is actually only rubber. Wait... Wrong stunt.

None of the figures of Rey came with a lightsaber till after 7 came out.

I have the Disney die cast figure that sold before the films release... they later re released the same figure with the same accessories except they added the saber... soo... your assumption may be wrong.

I'm WANTING him to use a saber... but I don't think he will... I've got a bad feeling tbh with you.

Ha! You're absolutely right Ken! I didn't remember that until you JUST said that. I remember the argument with my wife over "But you already have that one..." And my reply of "But babe, this one has the lightsaber!"

I'm in the No-Luke-Saber-Camp. He'll just stand around offering platitudes while Rey does all the saber rattling.

That made me smile Tim! I've been through such things with my girlfriend.

I doubt Luke will use a saber I was just pointing out that the figures weren't the final say.

Ha! You're absolutely right Ken! I didn't remember that until you JUST said that. I remember the argument with my wife over "But you already have that one..." And my reply of "But babe, this one has the lightsaber!"

I always kinda thought Jedi who were super powerful wouldn't need the crutch of a lightsaber. The PT crapped on that of course but...makes sense. Dudes can kill with their minds.

I would love to see Luke get his chance to be a bada$$ again with the lightsaber, but he's playing the Yoda trainer part... so I doubt it. It'll be a big let down if he doesn't get a decent lightsaber fight... and I don't mean showing Rey how to use one against a training remote!

I’m with the school of thought that Luke has transcended the use of a lightsaber.

I’m hoping Luke clutches a naked kyber crystal and generates a lightsaber (blade and hilt) from his hand.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back