Show off your RE weathered Obi sabers!

Finally completed my Roman MK1 build! I decided to do the chronicles version. Thanks to jameskenobi1138 for the advice on where to purchase the brass screws and amazing reference photos!
IMG_0055.JPGIMG_0056.JPGIMG_0058.JPGIMG_0059.JPGIMG_0060.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazing. What's the little wire of the bottom of the clamp that heads into the booster/ I was thinking of going in this direction, but there's too many little extra holes to make and that makes me nervous!

Amazing. What's the little wire of the bottom of the clamp that heads into the booster/ I was thinking of going in this direction, but there's too many little extra holes to make and that makes me nervous!

I used 14 gauge galvanized wire from Home Depot. I went ahead and drilled the booster and the clamp. I know James Kenobi uses a nail and just bends it over so as not to drill the booster. As long as you are using a drill press, then the install is pretty straightforward. I wouldn't recommend using a hand drill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here is some of my weathering I've done to my Romans GRAFLEX clamp. I took the shine off with 320grit a few weeks back.
View attachment 664710 View attachment 664711
I took a file to it, & later did some light scratching on some ruff concrete.

View attachment 664712 View attachment 664713
Then I took a lighter to it, & wiped It off with a rag soaked in vinegar multiple times.

View attachment 664714 View attachment 664715
Let it sit for a few hours, & voilà!

That came out great!,

russellsch, do you wet sand with 320? I want to bring down the shine on my Roman clamp but afraid of damaging it too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this saber and these all look great. Romans lowest price is 350. For his unweathered kit. I seen parks has them for 225 but doesn't look like the transistors are there as well as the clamp only being a clamp with no graflex on it. Plus parks is parks and not really consistent on time frames. I have the parks mpp and I am happy with it. The saber shop have these on preorder as well for 225. From the photos parks looks pretty good but the saber shops photos are harder to see. Looks like the grenade may be off a little. This would be my final saber to complete my collection of lightsabers so I'm still looking and weighing my options here before I dive in. Besides buying a real graflex, this is the most expensive saber to get. I have no issues buying clean and weathering them myself so I guess this is still a work in progress.

I don't know how the Parks Obi-Wan lightsaber is. I have his MPP (the last of the old ones - I think - before he switched to the 2.0) through the Custom Saber Shop. I love it. But this Romans is one of the best sabers I've ever seen. & I absolutely love that it's in my collection. His GRAFLEX clamp is perfect, & I like his replica transistors too. I just opted to swap them out for the real ones. & I love that Roman replicated each part individually, & you put them together. That way, should you come across a real part, just swap it out. I don't know if you can do that with a Parks. You might... I just don't know.
Once again, I love my Parks MPP. It's perfect! Get what you like. But, you will LOVE the Romans!

Last edited:
I think Roman's is the only way to go. The MPPs and Graflexes are ONE unit with parts. Replicating them may not be simple, but it's different than the OB1 as it was made of such an odd assembly of parts. You could get a faithful single saber that looks the part-- but given that finding the real world parts isn't easy, the fact Roman has duplicated the parts individually really makes it feel more legit.

And the attention to detail to pull that off make for a stunning finished product.

I think Roman's is the only way to go. The MPPs and Graflexes are ONE unit with parts. Replicating them may not be simple, but it's different than the OB1 as it was made of such an odd assembly of parts. You could get a faithful single saber that looks the part-- but given that finding the real world parts isn't easy, the fact Roman has duplicated the parts individually really makes it feel more legit.

And the attention to detail to pull that off make for a stunning finished product.
agreed. That's the main reason why I haven't pulled the trigger with other suppliers just yet. Romans ob1 looks outstanding. I do believe I would go for the unweathered and finish it myself if I go with Roman. I am on the paid preorder with the graflex already and that will be my ANH Luke.

I really like this saber and these all look great. Romans lowest price is 350. For his unweathered kit. I seen parks has them for 225 but doesn't look like the transistors are there as well as the clamp only being a clamp with no graflex on it. Plus parks is parks and not really consistent on time frames. I have the parks mpp and I am happy with it. The saber shop have these on preorder as well for 225. From the photos parks looks pretty good but the saber shops photos are harder to see. Looks like the grenade may be off a little. This would be my final saber to complete my collection of lightsabers so I'm still looking and weighing my options here before I dive in. Besides buying a real graflex, this is the most expensive saber to get. I have no issues buying clean and weathering them myself so I guess this is still a work in progress.

save a little extra and go with romans, be 1:1 nothing else ;)

- - - Updated - - -

that is gorgeous... is that romans weathering job or your own?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back