Luke ANH Saber Question.

I don't, I feel like I've seen a behind the scenes picture of Mark "hanging out" and the bulb release was tilted - so loose.

But all the publicity photos the bulb release is centered, it's more appealing, so I'm assuming they set it in place after it got annoying haha

Mine? I set mine, but I didn't touch the rivet. I stuck two chunks of pencil eraser, covered in electrical tape, in both corners deep in the emitter between the tube and bulb clamp corner. It hasn't moved since, and I can take them out if I change my mind.

I used a black soda bottle style lid that I took the top off of so it is just a ring. I spread the clamp and put it in and after that it stays pretty much in place cause it is expanded.

Alternately when you put the clamp in you can pinch the tabs just a bit to make some friction and keep it from rattling around loose. :thumbsup

Avolow.

I thought I read somewhere that in one of the scenes, you can hear the 'clank' of the bulb clamp against the saber when Luke does something.

For my static prop, I put a couple drops of superglue between the tabs and rivet. I can still loosen them if I wanted to, with acetone.

For my static prop, I put a couple drops of superglue between the tabs and rivet. I can still loosen them if I wanted to, with acetone.

I think that is the key, something that is non permanent and can easily be reversed yet still gives you the desired effect.

Avolow.

Since I'm a huge fan of the 'used-future' look I just tapped on the rivet from the back, after removing the red button of course, holding the tip of the rivet onto my small bench vice thus blunting the round tip just slightly ... you'll never notice it when I swoosh around with it :lol

-Chaim

I've owned many that didn't need to be tightened at all, but my first one I got back in 95 was almost mint, but the ears were really loose. The one I just got a few days ago is fairly tight, but it can still move.

maxresdefault.jpg

;)

I don't, I feel like I've seen a behind the scenes picture of Mark "hanging out" and the bulb release was tilted - so loose.

But all the publicity photos the bulb release is centered, it's more appealing, so I'm assuming they set it in place after it got annoying haha

Mine? I set mine, but I didn't touch the rivet. I stuck two chunks of pencil eraser, covered in electrical tape, in both corners deep in the emitter between the tube and bulb clamp corner. It hasn't moved since, and I can take them out if I change my mind.

I did the the exact same thing with two tiny pieces of black rubber. Bunny ears haven't wiggled in 22 years.

I think that's when Luke is holding it by the D-Ring and is telling Ben he can give him a ride. :)

I just reviewed this scene, and if you look closely, you'll see that the bulb ring tilted to the left of the screen when Obi-Wan first takes it out of his chest, and it subsequently remains in this position even when Luke is holding it with gravity pulling in the opposite direction:

218af423-67b6-4ccb-aace-9f191f9689bf_zpsmcolm2mn.jpg

Now you do hear the D-ring clanking around this whole time, and you can know it's the D-ring because the multitude of clanks occurring within very short moments whereas a loose bulb ring would bounce around more slowly, not to mention Luke's hand would have to be shaking the hilt vigorously, which we don't see. I guess that settles it.

My latest Graflex has the ring exactly like this. It's snug enough to where it doesn't move at all under its own weight, but still loose enough to be moved with a little push. With my first Graflex, the bulb ring was loose to the point where it dangled freely, yet the unit was in near mint condition. I'm beginning to wonder if these were made with the rings loose and only begin to have the tolerances clog up in time...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back