Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

In the interests of research and because it was only £2.99 I sprung for the first issue today.
My observations.....

Cockpit Bulkhead....

P1050522_zps9dca3762.jpg

the printing on the instrument panel is excellent and presumably the holes in the bulkhead are there to allow light through when it is backlit. My only misgiving with this piece is that for the scale, supposedly 1:43, it's a little one-dimensional...if this was a regular kit this would be moulded with some relief on the individual panels.

The hull part....

P1050524_zpse4ffa74e.jpg

P1050525_zps55c7f8c1.jpg

this is interesting as, to my eyes at least, this is an injection moulded plastic part as opposed to the 'resin' described in the advertising. Hard to tell if it's styrene or ABS but it definitely doesn't feel like any resin I've ever come across. Detail is very good with no obvious flaws or seams on the visible outer surface. I think the material could easily take additional detailing or scribing if needed. The paint job is OK given that it's just a uniform colour that's had a minimal wash applied....interestingly the magazine says it will be featuring articles on additional weathering techniques. I'm certain that a lot of builders, if they are modellers, will want to repaint anyway....

Cockpit floor...

P1050526_zps55251c07.jpg

this part is OK but I think most serious modellers would want some additional detailing and lighting on the console...

Metal structural framework....

P1050528_zpse6a22ec0.jpg

these are well cast and strong, they resist flexing or bending, it does make you wonder though how well these will stay together over time, if they will require additional bonding, will they creak or flex as the model is handled and what the total weight of the completed model will be...

Cast metal Quad Gun assembly....

P1050529_zpsff1fbd0e.jpg

P1050530_zps5cfe9fa5.jpg

well cast with some fine detail, the odd thing about this is it's not painted and the instructions make no mention of this...not a problem for the seasoned modeller but not ideal for the casual builder...

Overall I think it's a nice looking kit. Is it worth the investment? Well I guess that's all relevant to whether you can afford it. Given the interest that's been shown in this on many of the forums I frequent, I'm almost certain that somebody out there will produce aftermarket parts for this and I'm also certain that some talented modellers out there will
use this kit as the base for a museum quality replica. I have to admit I am sorely tempted to push the button on this.....

P1050522_zps9dca3762.jpg

P1050524_zpse4ffa74e.jpg

P1050525_zps55c7f8c1.jpg

P1050526_zps55251c07.jpg

P1050528_zpse6a22ec0.jpg

P1050529_zpsff1fbd0e.jpg

P1050530_zps5cfe9fa5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this parts piece by piece / magazine series concept is brilliant! great fun concept! I may just have to subscribe when this hits the US. pretty darned fun and as stated by a previous post the aftermarket/third party additions could be an exciting extension to this platform. very intriguing!

Hopefully this will be a massive sucess and they'll do the AT-AT and an X-Wing and a Tie Fighter and a Star Destroyer and a Sand Crawler and a Slave 1 and so on...............

With this looking like it's going to be a huge success do you think De Agonstini will do more Star Wars models? I'd love to see a Y-Wing if they do.

I would LOVE to see them do more Star Wars models after this one. If the Falcon project is a runaway success (which it looks set to be) and they still have the license, why wouldn't they? I would sign up for an X-Wing/Y-Wing/TIE Fighter in a heartbeat. In fact, I'd subscribe twice.

With this looking like it's going to be a huge success do you think De Agonstini will do more Star Wars models? I'd love to see a Y-Wing if they do.

Before we even get ahead of ourselves, is this really monthly? I just can't believe this is really gonna take ~8 years to finish.

Studio Scaled AT-AT would be awesome, oooooooooooooooh what about a Studio Scaled Star Destroyer 5yrs worth of subscription

I like it! high-stakes Lego!

As much as I would like to turn the BMF into an amazing Falcon, it would be my first attempt at any sort of model, and I think I will just destroy it.

For my wall mounted model I've been craving, this may be more my speed. I believe I am going to have to have some magazines sent to my buddy in the states.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back