hellraiser puzzle box

flastra

So last Friday, while looking for something I came across a puzzle box kit, that I forgot I had, so decided to give it a go
DSC_0203.JPG

Did anyone pick up one of the Lament Configurations that were on sale on the realclivebarker.com website? If I recall, they were limited edition resin casts of Clive Barker's original, and were limited to 425, and the offer ended on the first of February? Would have loved to have pulled the trigger, but the 600 dollar price tag, for a resin cast... was a bit...... uhhmm.....

Odin82 The stand for that limited edition Lament Configuration was really cool. I'd sooner buy 3 off the Pyramid Gallery site, though, than drop $600 on one, even if it is cast off the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the best quality model, it doesn't quite fit flush in places but will be fine once it's on a shelf, but for a cheap ebay buy, I can't knock it, once I glue on the last side I'll take a pic

@Odin82 The stand for that limited edition Lament Configuration was really cool. I'd sooner buy 3 off the Pyramid Gallery site, though, than drop $600 on one, even if it is cast off the original.

That was my feeling exactly, although now I kind of regret it. There's a Horror convention on in Dublin this weekend, with 3 of the Cenobites. Would have been cool to have them sign it. Ah well... 600 in my pocket--- or regret :D

I had this exact kit. geez I ordered it snail mail ttt2fff5vishn years ago. wow. old school, one of the very first "prop"replica" I ever bought. GOD IM OLD! lol

I started making one from scratch a lot of years ago. Then I bought the NECA replica. It was ok. Too small and the filigree is lifting.

I built one of these kits years ago, it's sitting on the desk in front of me as I type. It's not a perfect replica by any means but it's fun to build and you can hide stuff in the top secret compartment. :thumbsup

I thought about putting a light in it, but the dark parts are semi transparent and the gold parts are painted, if it was the other way round, a light inside would look pretty good

That was the only horror movie that made me want to curl up in the corner hugging myself!
I bought this same box years ago and still have it. I found a glass display dome at Michaels on the cheap that it now rests in. Its one of my someday Ill have a real one prop!

I had the same kit, got it back in the day when it was first released. I remember how excited I was to have it.

I sold it years ago, kinda wish I didn't do that. :(

I need to finish mine. I have a set of NECA panels I bought to go on my 3 inch cube of rose wood. I just need to go out and get clear varnish.

For those who want a glass bell jar to display your box the optimal size is 5.5 x 8 inches. That's if the box is on one of those little black plastic display stands. If it's not on a stand than lower it to 5.5 x 7. Don't forget the walnut base. Got mine off eBay.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back