Tusken Raider Costume Questions

JWMines

I plan on making a Tusken Raider costume and I was just wondering what material most people use for the inner robe, outer robe and bandages and how much you would need? Also I heard that tea dying is the best way to get a 'weathered kind of look'. Does anyone have any tips on that or any other suggestions for weathering? i have sewing experience but I do not own a sewing machine, would there be a sewing machine for around $200 or less just for beginners? Sorry about all the questions haha.

I'm thinking of doing the helmet as a clay base and then paper mache over it to create the face mask. Is this a good idea or would it be easier/cheaper to buy a kit?

I started building a rifle last weekend (bare in mind I am only 14). I still have to add the details for the stock of the rifle. Also the trigger guard and maybe some more weathering for the stock. Please tell me what you think of it, and if I need to change anything.

IMG_4087.JPG IMG_4088.JPG IMG_4089.JPG IMG_4090.JPG IMG_4092.JPG

Tusken Raider is probably my next build I have so many ideas on the mask its ridiculous LOL
Awesome that you're only 14 tho, way to be creative dude! Rifle looks great so far, keep up the good work!

- - - Updated - - -

pic from wookipedia of a TR rifle.
Tusken_raider_rifle.jpg

Onasberg for the inner robe and monks cloth for the outer robe. come on over to the 501st Kryat Clan for more info on the Tusken

Krayt Clan Detachment Forums

Thanks for that, will do.

Tusken Raider is probably my next build I have so many ideas on the mask its ridiculous LOL
Awesome that you're only 14 tho, way to be creative dude! Rifle looks great so far, keep up the good work!

- - - Updated - - -

pic from wookipedia of a TR rifle.
View attachment 227040

Thanks man, I don't know why I just felt like doing something not pepakura related this time and I've always been interested in Star Wars so yeah. The rifle II'm gong for id the ANH rifle, I'm pretty sure that one is from the prequels but anyway thanks again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back