Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

R2 and 3po as well.

Don't have to kill them, but they gotta get a memory wipe at least to remove all traces of the OT, right?

Nope. They (or at least Artoo) retain their memories until they make it to Earth to be worshipped by the Hovitos and have their memories recovered in order for George Lucas to make movies dramatizing the historical events they lived through. :D

More fan service.

So now, Force Ghosts can manifest their form from any stage of their lives?

How exactly is this an affront to anyone?

Ghosts that appeared in the collection of movies:

Obi to Luke in 5 and 6
Yoda to Luke in 6
Anakin to Luke in 6
Yoda to Luke in 8.

Outside of the anakin fiasco...All the ghosts appeared to Luke in a form he would know. Sebastian Shaw appearing as anakin to luke makes sense because no way he's going to believe some kid is his father. But buy the same token, if anakin could manifest that form - he already can alter his appearance as he see fit as he NEVER looked like shaw ever. Period. End of story. He was burned to a crisp as the kid. The only visage of himself he ever saw after than was the deformed burned one, so he could never manifest as shaw in that manner without being able to manipulate his form. Furthermore, to appear as Hayden implies the same thing. He didn't appear as he was, he appeared as the last normal visage he knew, which, implies he had a choice.

Why would Obi ever have appeared to luke as Ewan? Luke would say 'who are you?'.

Just to extend it further, who's to say Ewan appears as Ewan? During the prequels the make up artists noted extreme similarities in their facial structure. Should be relatively easy to make him look like Alev Guiness if they chose to go that way. If they don't, so what? theoretically he'll be appearing to Rey, so, she she has no clue what he looks like.

How exactly is this an affront to anyone?

Ghosts that appeared in the collection of movies:

Obi to Luke in 5 and 6
Yoda to Luke in 6
Anakin to Luke in 6
Yoda to Luke in 8.

Outside of the anakin fiasco...All the ghosts appeared to Luke in a form he would know. Sebastian Shaw appearing as anakin to luke makes sense because no way he's going to believe some kid is his father. But buy the same token, if anakin could manifest that form - he already can alter his appearance as he see fit as he NEVER looked like shaw ever. Period. End of story. He was burned to a crisp as the kid. The only visage of himself he ever saw after than was the deformed burned one, so he could never manifest as shaw in that manner without being able to manipulate his form. Furthermore, to appear as Hayden implies the same thing. He didn't appear as he was, he appeared as the last normal visage he knew, which, implies he had a choice.

Why would Obi ever have appeared to luke as Ewan? Luke would say 'who are you?'.

Just to extend it further, who's to say Ewan appears as Ewan? During the prequels the make up artists noted extreme similarities in their facial structure. Should be relatively easy to make him look like Alev Guiness if they chose to go that way. If they don't, so what? theoretically he'll be appearing to Rey, so, she she has no clue what he looks like.

I too assumed they'd age him up a bit.. could look great.

I have no issue with him appearing at either age.

I too assumed they'd age him up a bit.. could look great.

I have no issue with him appearing at either age.

Obi-Wan: Hello there!
Rey: Who are you?
Obi-Wan: I am Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Rey: Oh my! Wait... I thought you were older when you passed?
Obi-Wan: How would you even know this? Like how you knew the whole kessel run bit about the millenium falcon?
Rey: I um......
Obi-Wan: Nevermind that. You are right. I was older when I became one with the force, but I thought projecting myself in my younger form would be more cool and hip with the younger crowd.

(Suddenly a voice is heard)
Don't forget me!

Obi-Wan and Rey turn to see purple ghost Holdo.

Just kidding about Holdo!!!!!

Well, he would be a Force ghost -- I would presume that even if he doesn't look exactly the same, Luke would sense who he was. After all, Vader recognized Obi-Wan's presence on the Death Star before he saw him there, and when he did see him, he didn't ask who he was -- even though the last time Vader saw him, he looked like Ewan!

SSB

Except that you're forgetting that before vader saw him, he felt his presence and knew he was there. Old guy in Jedi robes and you knew your old master was in the building means there wasn't any guessing as to whom it was when he saw him.

Either way though, there's no precedent for how a ghost should look.

Should this need spoiler tags?

Star_Wars_9_Yoda_s_Bar_Mitzvah.jpg

Nice!

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/star-wars-episode-ix-keri-russell-1202861343/

I first learned of JJ when I read in the "trades" that a bidding war was out for some young writer's show pilot "Felicity"

I remembered that article when I saw the whole box set for the first season a couple years later, and so bought it. JJ wrote most every ep and really enjoyed it.

The dude is a great character writer. And I love that his actors from Felicity regularly pop up in his current projects.

So it's definitely back to the well for this.

And already I'm hearing "I BET SHE'S REY'S MOM!!!" - I'm sure this won't lead to disappointed freaking out online when she's just a woman in the resistance.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back