Mick Dundee's hat has just arrived

These guys seem to give you the best bang for the buck. Not perfect. I've seen better, but they were over $800.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/DUKCD/Down-Under-Knives-The-Outback-Hunting-Bowie-Knife-11-inch-Polished-Blade-Leather-Handle

Here is what the screen used prop looked like:
knife_narrowweb__200x242.jpg

Here is what Down Under's looks like:
DUKCD.jpg

I cannot believe my luck!!! Last week I saw a Miller Hats Crocodile Dundee hat, new and in my size on eBay for 99.00!!! I sweated the entire week and it just arrived today! OMG, it's absolutely gorgeous! And I feel like I stole it!

You got a great deal there, Welcome to the club! :)

I cannot believe my luck!!! Last week I saw a Miller Hats Crocodile Dundee hat, new and in my size on eBay for 99.00!!! I sweated the entire week and it just arrived today! OMG, it's absolutely gorgeous! And I feel like I stole it!View attachment 809780

dang, $99 was a steal lol. I love that hat.

As far as the others were saying about permits to the US etc, could you buy the hat with the band but no teeth? The teeth aren’t that hard to get in the US. I know of 2 suppliers who sell them by certain size (usually anything over 1.5”) and anything under that by the pound. Im not sure how many teeth are in a pound, but i kinda remember seeing something like 30-45 ish? I could be wrong on that number. I dont know how many teeth fit into the band on the original? I can dig up the contact info of the suppliers if that helps anyone?

dang, $99 was a steal lol. I love that hat.

Don't get me wrong. I understand that I was VERY lucky to get this hat at this price. As much as I love it, I simply could not afford it if I were to buy it from Miller. The stars just happened to line up with no other bidders. This is one of the best prop purchases (as far as investments) that I've ever made. This was truly a blessed series of events that I am truly greatful for!

Don't get me wrong. I understand that I was VERY lucky to get this hat at this price. As much as I love it, I simply could not afford it if I were to buy it from Miller. The stars just happened to line up with no other bidders. This is one of the best prop purchases (as far as investments) that I've ever made. This was truly a blessed series of events that I am truly greatful for!
Is the hat an Acubra?

If so, well done as the black hat alone is about $250aud, maybe more depending on where you buy it.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back