ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Just received my wingman! 3 years later! :) Very happy with it AND I’m happy to say that my ABS is flawless! So not all helmets will have those scratch marks...
Looks awesome. Unfortunately the one I received today was a victim of Anovos QC. It has stress marks in the plastic, a melted spot where glue hit it and the box on the back looks like it had sandpaper taken to it. In the end, a mess. So I'm returning another one of their helmets.

Last edited:
My TIE helmet looks pretty good as well, guess some are just lucky.
I am also curious about hose recommendations. I know there are prolly plenty of threads that might cover this, but I am looking for a single hose I could attach to both ends and wrap behind the helmet stand, nothing that has to survive trooping.

It's getting to be that time... Time for the obligatory e-mail from Anovos informing me that my Han Solo Force Awakens jacket will, once again, not ship on time with the updated schedule. It will, as usual, come with all the apologies about wanting to maintain the highest level of quality, etc. And I'm certain they will once again promise to do their best to get it to me next quarter. (sigh)

Oh well - I'll keep waiting.
Cheers
Steven

Bigturc

Is your helmet round? Is it misshapen at all?

Just asking b/c my Shadow Stormtrooper helmet kit is out of round and I've not figured out a way to put it back in the round.

Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that was about the release date of the OT Oxixo wingman helmet, it was back in 2014. My order date was december 2014!

That was about the solo jacket.

I voice my complaints about the oxixio helmet here a few times. Took me a full three years as well.

@Bigturc

Is your helmet round? Is it misshapen at all?

Just asking b/c my Shadow Stormtrooper helmet kit is out of round and I've not figured out a way to put it back in the round.

Just curious.

Take a pic of it : front, back and under. RPFers will be able to tell!

But at this pt, most people who thought they got a misshaped helmet just did not realize that it’s the way they were meant to be! They are not perfectly round.

As for the wingman helmet, check a few pages back in this thread .. someone just unvelcroed and put back the inner shell and it removed most of the warp from his helmet.

:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all the Anovos stormtrooper helmets and variants have the original oblong shape for accuracy. Here is a pic of my Anovos shocktrooper helmet.

Jf7720S.jpg

Yes Rey staff most definitely will be resin cast with a metal core for strength. Rey staff is an iconic prop in the new movies. I couldn't pass it up. The price is also decent

Not sure where most of you are buying your helmets from, but I'd advise to stay away from Secret Compass. After giving me the run-a-around they refused to issue a refund for my damaged tie helmet. After a Paypal dispute in my favor, Secret Compass refused to pay for the return shipping back out of spite (SC's site says they pay for return shipping). Not to mention the litany of crazy insults spouted at me.

I asked the Anovos chat yesterday and they said it was resin over a metal base. Strange that they list all the materials except what the staff itself is made of.
Interestingly, the product page now says it’s “flexible polyurethane with fiberglass rod.”

I’d like to know more from them. Plastic or resin I’d be fine with, but if the “flexible polyurethane” is a fancy term for foam, I think I’m out.

edit: I tried asking in live chat, they didn’t sound 100% sure but said it was mainly resin with some metal reinforcements. Asked about why it says flexible polyurethane and fiberglass and didn’t really get an answer on that. They did say it’ll be firmer than the foam first order orange blaster kit (asked about if it was that same material.) I mentioned that if it’s really resin and metal that the product listing is a bit confusing, and they said they’d check it out. So I guess we’ll see...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back