Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible?

Which ESB prop? The "tool" or the BTS dueler?
Tool :)

Those are the Luke ROTJ resin sabers, not resin copies of the Kenobi ANH prop.
I know the one at the center is. The unpainted one next to it has a graflex lever I thought, something that never showed up on ROTJ made props. That and the unpainted stuff from this new info put 2 & 2 together for me haha

Anyway, the wired saber IS a casting of the V3 so that counts right?

the owner of the "stolen" prop would face charges
"would" or wouldn't if they gave it back without a fuss?

We need to find this roger Shaw, capture and interrogate him!! Who's with me! I'll get the torches!!

I am with you. And I am the Force.

Oh, and if it's cool with you, I'm bringing my lightsaber instead of a torch. Gotta get it signed by it's creator, right?!

Luke had a resin copy of the Shared Stunt lightsaber, 1.5 inch diameter including the Graflex clamp and lever, in ROTJ.

You can see it best in photos when Luke is climbing up Jabbas barge after jumping from the skiff.

Yea, we were talking about that Wired saber a while back being pretty close. Either way, if the "hollow" casting on that table or the wired saber have a clamp - doesn't that mean they were castings of the OWK stunt sabers?

Maybe we're only talking about the hero that was put into a mold, oops lol

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

In ANH there was 1 (or more) Hero Kenobi lightsabers and 2 (or more) metal stunt sabers made that were not casts of the Hero Kenobi saber.

In ROTJ Luke's belt hanger was the Metal V2 Kenobi ANH stunt saber, and the bladed Stared Stunt was also used, as well as the smaller diameter 'new' Luke sabers (Yuma) that became the ROTJ Luke Hero. They also had resin copies of the Kenobi/Luke stunt saber and the smaller new hero sabers.

As far as I know, the original Kenobi hero saber was never cast in resin and re-used in a SW movie, and I've never seen a photo of it in the LFL archives.

resin rubber and fiberglass it seems.

Also, I think the filled-in casting was what inspired the metal stunts themselves, is what I read.. having to fill in the windvane, vertical grenade cuts and booster fins.

The ESB prop was resin.

There was a hero in the archives at some point. at least two-3 hero's exist. and there's another ANH era stunt I'm thinking of that is not solid resin, and is visible in that video featurette of the motorized graflex shaped tube we all gawked at. The saber on the right has a graflex clamp.
View attachment 738114

There's also this ANH era stunt and im not sure where it fits in

View attachment 738115
Some parts of the one in the first picture are wood and PVC ;)

How do u know it's wood and pvc? Were u able to visit the archives? How much do we gotta pay for you to spill your beans?

You know I can bake one hellava cupcake! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I didn't but my friend's saber is also has got some wooden parts in it and he said that the one in the archives is made similarly to his, but it includes the PVC as well.

As for this saber from the archives, well they had two. One like posted here and the other one was one of the 'tool' ones but unpainted.

Some parts of the one in the first picture are wood and PVC ;)
no kidding? :) Just to clarify, the hilt on the right that looks sawed off and has a hollow end right? Not the blurry original "graflex" stunt in the foreground

it looked like the ESB background prop had a solid pommel, thats why im asking!

I have read through this great thread so apologies if I have missed the answer. Can anyone confirm which saber is seen in the Cantina? Tunisia or Chronicles?

I'm not saying I'm just, it's just my personal opinion from my research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ok haha! Just that back at post #80, Roy posted a photo in the Cantina and I can see the grenade grooves quite clearly which obviously are not on the V2 or V3

Oh ok haha! Just that back at post #80, Roy posted a photo in the Cantina and I can see the grenade grooves quite clearly which obviously are not on the V2 or V3

see! look at the rumor i almost started!! :wacko told ya you can't trust that halliwax!
attachment.php

there are some pictures with the steel rod on the end of the emitter, so at one point the V2 or V3 was used. i couldn't remember seeing the hero in the cantina scene

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back