Die Hard is a Xmas movie!!!

joeranger

Sr Member
OK we have all seen the awesome ornament...

My wife refused to watch Die Hard with the family tonight because she wanted to watch a xmas movie. I said it is. She said "No shooting" So we are watching "Free State of Jones"

Please share your Die Hard Xmas stories.

I'm confused...she wanted to watch a Christmas movie, didn't want to watch "Die Hard," but decided on "Free State of Jones?" Now, I've not seen "Free State of Jones," but from what I've read I would imagine it's far LESS of a Christmas movie than "Die Hard" would be considered.

I think "Die Hard" is the best Christmas movie...action, humor, like robn1 said a happy ending.

It even includes a very clear reference to one of Santa's most iconic sayings: "Now I have a machine gun. Ho-Ho-Ho."

How can it NOT be a Christmas movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think "Die Hard" is the best Christmas movie...action, humor, like @robn1 said a happy ending.

I respect and understand that.

Though for me Lethal Weapon beats Die Hard as the perfect Christmas time action flick. Can't beat Jingle Bell Rock in the opening credits, and the quintessential image of Roger tightening the Christmas light bulb as it ends...

Last edited:
I watch the first two Die Hard movies every Christmas and have for years. I also consider Willow a Christmas movie because in elementary school our class would always end up watching Willow on the last day of class before Christmas break.

Both Die Hard and Lethal Weapon are two awesome xmas films. WAY better than the Grinch :sick

NOPE

Agreed. My Christmas season films includes them both, Die Hard 2, and Gremlins.
Until she watched them, my wife was in the "These are not Christmas movies!"club. Afterwards, she said, "Ok, I get it". Lol

Agreed. My Christmas season films includes them both, Die Hard 2, and Gremlins.
Until she watched them, my wife was in the "These are not Christmas movies!"club. Afterwards, she said, "Ok, I get it". Lol

:lol
If she hadn't and if you wanted to be mean about it, she could have been your EX-wife now :p

Usually it's a real "dad" thing to say "Die Hard is the best Christmas movie".

I disagree. I think most Christmas movies are terrible, because Christmas itself is not so awesome unless you're like 8.

I might have been 8 or so when I first saw Die Hard :D
Makes the nostalgia so much stronger :p

I'm currently wearing my only Christmas shirt...

IMG_9107.JPG

Last edited:
-"I got invited to the Christmas party by mistake. Who knew."
-"You got any Christmas music?" "This IS Christmas music!"
-"Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho."
-The vault opens...."Merry Christmas."
-McClane's gun is taped to his back with CHRISTMAS wrapping tape.

And lastly....
"All right, listen up guys. 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except... the four ******** coming in the rear in standard two-by-two cover formation."

It is a Christmas movie...period.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back