OdiWan72´s prop family

Hi Markus great that you got one of this Vaderhelmets.Could you send some dimensions from the faceplate?Looks smaller as the new EFX ANH faceplate on your pic.The widt of the nose and the bottom of the mouth would be interesting.Also a look and dimensions from the back would be interesting.:)

I'm glad the balance pipe made its way to you!

I just received my cfo Vader yesterday and you aren't kidding! This thing is so ugly that you can't help but love it.

"...so ugly that you can't help but love it."

At least it helped me to understand what my wife finds appealing on me :lol

Thanks again for putting me in contact with the right people to get my hands on a BP.
Would love to hear your opinion reg the differences in the finish between the BPs from the old RR engine vs. the new ones. Is it just a matter of wear or did they use different metals than inconel (sp?) for the BPs after all?!

Thanks again for putting me in contact with the right people to get my hands on a BP.
Would love to hear your opinion reg the differences in the finish between the BPs from the old RR engine vs. the new ones. Is it just a matter of wear or did they use different metals than inconel (sp?) for the BPs after all?!

I have been putting together some caprison pictures and some notes. I will start a new thread when I am ready to post so as to not clog up your collection thread!

What specifics are you talking about? I just wanted to put the "spare" sabers I had to good use and felt inspired by the great work done by matty matt (IIRC), based on the few pics of the ANH obi stunt sabers. Still have a two of these microswitches with red cap, if anybody is interested...
Haha
Sorry, I meant colors you used for the neck and the emitter. That almost looks like Birchwood Casey on the emitter!

Haha
Sorry, I meant colors you used for the neck and the emitter. That almost looks like Birchwood Casey on the emitter!

You are correct..the emitter is blued, but intentionally very rough, the neck was painted with light bronze eloxal

Last edited:
What a lovely collection. I will send you my prayers that your wife doesn't find out about the CFO cost. It is so ugly it's beautiful! Do you plan to finish it with a paint job? I really wanted one but my wife watches our budget like a hawk so I'd never be able to get away with that. ;)

Send me prayers, that my wife will NEVER EVER ask me, what I paid for this "piece of junk". She´s understanding, but I am tired of her shaking head, when I tell about the prices for my acquisitions :lol

I don't have that complication yet, but I think the strategy there is to say "What do you think I paid for it?" Then you just hope she guesses a lot lower. :lol

While the original parts lightsabers and the helmet are certainly wonderful, my eye goes to the surveillance cameras on this page of your collection.

You guys in Europe have such an advantage over us in The States in getting all these "Europe only" found parts :p

They're the same metals, but my first one, had WAY more carbon buildup and the inner ring (the holes) is more burned and blackened compared to the new one. The sides however are exactly the same... crusty and busted. I also JUST noticed the newer acquisition has a very slightly domed down flange... where the first one is perfectly flat. Maybe stress???

Glad you like the death star camera kit! We worked pretty hard on getting those chrome parts correct. The lenses were a lot of work as well.... actually the whole kit really. Lol

I also agree... my burner can will just be an IG88 lamp... but I won't be cutting it up.

- - - Updated - - -

While the original parts lightsabers and the helmet are certainly wonderful, my eye goes to the surveillance cameras on this page of your collection.

You guys in Europe have such an advantage over us in The States in getting all these "Europe only" found parts :p

We sell the complete kits... You can get a camera array ready to display with replica viewers if you can't find the real ones.

@Teecroz :
Some comparsion pictures would be wonderful...curious to learn about possible differences

@karmajay :
Will take it into consideration, thx

@refugee
@Sluis Van Shipyards :
No plans to finish it...then it´d just be "another" helmet, undistinguishable from the rest. I will leave this one unmolested for sure.
I have my own disposeable income, so my wife could not care less what I am spending my money on (if the usual bills are paid). BUT she has her own mind about the "worth" of an item and just can not understand what people are willing to pay for vintage plumbing parts, scopes, "plastic helmets" etc. :lol

Sometimes you just loose your rational feeling for money, when you are deeply involved in this hobby :rolleyes

@mgoob :
Are you REALLY complaining Mike? You americans don´t have to pay ANY import fees, which easily compensates for the few items we european collectors have acces to. I think I paid more import fees over the last two decades, than I ever "saved" or "earned" by finding stuff over here :lol
Besides of that, the current gun laws are no fun anymore...would not have been able to build up my collection, if I´d just started a few years ago :(

@scottjua :
The camera backplate plus metal parts are awesome and even if I used real viewers, the repros look superb!

@mgoob :
Are you REALLY complaining Mike? You americans don´t have to pay ANY import fees, which easily compensates for the few items we european collectors have acces to. I think I paid more import fees over the last two decades, than I ever "saved" or "earned" by finding stuff over here :lol
Besides of that, the current gun laws are no fun anymore...would not have been able to build up my collection, if I´d just started a few years ago :(

Yeah, you got me on that count.

I was just saying it was easier for you guys to find parts from reel to reel tape recorders (Alien) or AC plug connectors or those slide viewers since they weren't sold here.

But yeah, you're right about you all having to pay VAT etcetera.

Still envy your wonderful collection :D

I might be interested in one of those switches - did you actually find a photograph or something suggesting a switch like that?

That security camera is really something. "It belongs in a museum". Haha

Hard to tell size. If you have time post another picture for scale.

Haven't really checked this thread for quite a while! I really like your recent acquisitions! Great job on these Markus! By the way, are you interested in Rogue One weapons?

I also JUST noticed the newer acquisition has a very slightly domed down flange... where the first one is perfectly flat. Maybe stress???

Yeah when I posted a pic of mine I noticed that... but only cuz of the pic...

When I looked at the actual, it doesn't seem domed at all.

I figured it was just my camera lens bending it cuz I got in so close... fish eyed a bit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back