Captain America: Civil War

I just think this movie is going to be epic. Again I would love to see someone like RDJ win an Oscar for his performance in a movie like this.

I kind of thought the same thing, or hoping that Chris Evans would get some recognition, but after the **** show the Oscars were this year, I feel like stock in the award went down. Its a bunch of politics (always has been but its a different kind of politicking now) so my hopes went out the window with that. I got my tickets reserved for Cinepolis! After this movie comes out, Im not really super psyched about anything for the rest of the year. :cry

BvS%20CW%20funny_zpsk39ye9bf.png

Last edited:
I kind of thought the same thing, or hoping that Chris Evans would get some recognition, but after the **** show the Oscars were this year, I feel like stock in the award went down. Its a bunch of politics (always has been but its a different kind of politicking now) so my hopes went out the window with that. I got my tickets reserved for Cinepolis! After this movie comes out, Im not really super psyched about anything for the rest of the year. :cry

The Academy Awards holds no water in my world. If they had any credibility to lose with me, it would be lost more every year.
It's a joke. Sadly, Mtv and Nickelodeon are more aligned with what I think is award worthy.

Poor Ben. How many Batman roles is he contractually obligated for and how hard would his legal team have to fight to get him out of it? I can't imagine he's not asking the same question.

Considering Ben is slated to direct the next Batman movie, I don't think he's trying to get out of anything.
Back to Civil War. I can not wait for this movie! I thought Cap 2 was one of the best Marvel movies yet. Same team on this one. It looks so good.

Just got back from an advanced screening. And without spoiling anything: I cannot wait to go back in 3 weeks and see it over and over and over again.

I'm still a bit overwhelmed, so if anyone has specific questions let me know! (I'll cover any answers with spoiler tags until at least the official release date, probably longer)

Otherwise, just go and see this thing!!!

-Nick

How many after credits scenes and what are they?
Description ONLY of how many scenes there are:

There was a mid credit scene, but no after credit scene... HOWEVER they also did that for an advanced screening for GotG, so there may still be a scene that goes there. When I see CA:CW on opening night, I'm still going to sit through the full credits to see for sure.

Description of the scenes:

Bucky volunteers to be re-frozen in a very modern looking lab until his brainwashing can be undone. Cap thanks T'challa for allowing them to use his country and resources for keeping Bucky frozen, warning him that if people were to find out that Bucky was there there would be hell to pay. T'challa responds "Let them come" and we are shown a long pan out the window showing they are in the middle of a lush forest, with a HUGE panther statue overlooking everything outside.

-Nick

Last edited:
Fun thing on twitter today. You choose #teamCap or #TeamIronMan and you get a tweet back with a movie character that says your name and good job! :)

EDIT:Check out the pinned tweet CaptainAmerica if you want to check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Description ONLY of how many scenes there are:

There was a mid credit scene, but no after credit scene... HOWEVER they also did that for an advanced screening for GotG, so there may still be a scene that goes there. When I see CA:CW on opening night, I'm still going to sit through the full credits to see for sure.

Description of the scenes:

Bucky volunteers to be re-frozen in a very modern looking lab until his brainwashing can be undone. Cap thanks T'challa for allowing them to use his country, warning him that if people were to find out that Bucky was there there would be hell to pay. T'challa responds "Let them come" and we are shown a long pan out the window showing they are in the middle of a lush forest, with a HUGE panther statue overlooking everything outside.

-Nick

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to NOT click on these damn things?!?! :(

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to NOT click on these damn things?!?! :(
Sorry, but that's partly why I broke the answer in two. If you just want to know about the number of scenes, I didn't want to have spoilery bits mixed in.

...You have no clue how hard it is having so few people to talk to about this movie. I have my girlfriend who went to the screening and my friends who do the MCUex podcast, and that's it! It's tougher than I thought seeing it this early. #FirstWorldProblems :lol

-Nick

Sorry, but that's partly why I broke the answer in two. If you just want to know about the number of scenes, I didn't want to have spoilery bits mixed in.

...You have no clue how hard it is having so few people to talk to about this movie. I have my girlfriend who went to the screening and my friends who do the MCUex podcast, and that's it! It's tougher than I thought seeing it this early. #FirstWorldProblems :lol

-Nick

Im so jealous though. But I see what youre saying, I watched a little clip from Jimmy Kimmel where Ant Man meets Cap, and it looks funny. I cant wait for this damn movie. I learned my lesson though, I clicked on a spoiler tag a few posts back and I totally regret it. :facepalm

Im so jealous though. But I see what youre saying, I watched a little clip from Jimmy Kimmel where Ant Man meets Cap, and it looks funny. I cant wait for this damn movie. I learned my lesson though, I clicked on a spoiler tag a few posts back and I totally regret it. :facepalm

I managed to go into this movie completely cold. I only saw the two main trailers, and was given a heads up to avoid the Kimmel stuff. Going in cold is the only way. There are one or two moments that will give you such total joy when they happen. One entire scene had me giggling like I was 9 again reading comics by flashlight... my girlfriend just stared at me like, "You're lucky I think you being a huge nerd is cute!" haha

The three weeks until I can see it again will be the longest 3 weeks I've had in a long time.

-Nick

I managed to go into this movie completely cold. I only saw the two main trailers, and was given a heads up to avoid the Kimmel stuff. Going in cold is the only way. There are one or two moments that will give you such total joy when they happen. One entire scene had me giggling like I was 9 again reading comics by flashlight... my girlfriend just stared at me like, "You're lucky I think you being a huge nerd is cute!" haha

The three weeks until I can see it again will be the longest 3 weeks I've had in a long time.

-Nick
Ditto dude. Felt like a kid again in the splash-page fight... Tom Holland became the definitive Spider-man in one appearance!

-Nick

I just wanna know if Baron Zemo is even in the film and if he plays a good role. DO NOT SPOIL WHAT HE DOES, just tell us if he's in it for a good amount of screentime. :D

I just wanna know if Baron Zemo is even in the film and if he plays a good role. DO NOT SPOIL WHAT HE DOES, just tell us if he's in it for a good amount of screentime. :D

He's barely in it. And if you ask me:

the weakest character in the film since he's there as a plot device, and even without him the movie would still work because the character arcs and conflict allow the story to progress without his interference

Not gonna click on that spoiler tag, but i guess it's a bummer that we won't get to see much of him. I guess it still makes sense since it's called "Captain America: Civil War" which suggests that it's basically hero vs hero and no villains.

Not gonna click on that spoiler tag, but i guess it's a bummer that we won't get to see much of him. I guess it still makes sense since it's called "Captain America: Civil War" which suggests that it's basically hero vs hero and no villains.

Yeah. The great thing is, even with no great villain, the characters themselves are both the protagonist and antagonist throughout the film depending on which side of the argument you agree with.

I came out of the film reexamining which team I would have initially sided with. I won't say who I thought I would have sided with, but the film help illustrates the deeper meaning behind the conflict, and that...maybe not everything is black and white.

I really love this film and I'm so lucky to get to see it again next tuesday.

Yeah. The great thing is, even with no great villain, the characters themselves are both the protagonist and antagonist throughout the film depending on which side of the argument you agree with.

I came out of the film reexamining which team I would have initially sided with. I won't say who I thought I would have sided with, but the film help illustrates the deeper meaning behind the conflict, and that...maybe not everything is black and white.

I really love this film and I'm so lucky to get to see it again next tuesday.

God I'm so hyped! I hope it's not like Batman v Superman where the main fight happens 20 minutes before the film ends.

God I'm so hyped! I hope it's not like Batman v Superman where the main fight happens 20 minutes before the film ends.

Well, that all depends on...

...your definition of the "main fight." If you're talking about the airport battle in the trailer, that happens about 90 minutes in. BUT it doesn't resolve anything. So there may or may not be other fights throughout the movie.

Also a quick comparison to BvS:

Civil War treads A LOT of the same ground as BvS, but it shows you just how poorly WB handled their film because Civil War succeeds in all the ways that BvS fails...including some ways that people wouldn't believe.

-Nick

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back