Well, it looks like they made an updated version of Luke's ROTJ saber for TFA...

Well, as it's a behind the scenes with no timeframe - there's no gurantee that's the final version or that it ever sees the screen. In 20 months it could find it self relegated to mini-maul status :)

If I am seeing it correctly, they appear to have put the D-ring (assuming D-ring instead of tri-ring) 90 degrees off from the activation box (as opposed to aligned to the box like the Hero) so that it could be worn on the belt.

That is one change I am glad for. But either way this saber was never seen in the film so it is irrelevant. They could have completely redone it again for EPVIII. I do like the thought of combining the Hero and V2 sabers into one if that's what they wanted to do with an idealized version,although I am not sure why they had to bring in things from the Kenobi saber.

If he can add a knob to the Graflex in the couple years between ANH and ESB, certainly he might find reason to need a new emitter in the 30 years since ROTJ.

i agree! i dont mind the knew emitter at all, i like that along with the new D ring

In the ESPN Kendo special Mark was holding a ROTJ style saber. Was it this one? Might provide more reference if anyone has higher res.

Attachments

• BcjN7kK.png
    BcjN7kK.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 1,453
Great photo shoot pictures......good belt and buckle shoot....will help with my build....

If he can add a knob to the Graflex in the couple years between ANH and ESB, certainly he might find reason to need a new emitter in the 30 years since ROTJ.

"In universe" explanations for prop variations, I just cannot get behind em. It's called discontinuity. They're movies, people, get over it. ;) Trying to invent reasons why Luke changed the grips on his father's lightsaber or added a knob are the silliest. :p

I knew it wouldn't actually happen, but I was kinda hoping for the V2. I like the new emitter face, gives it some character.

In universe, there's no reason not to think Luke could have made a modification to his lightsaber.

Well look at it this way, V2 got most of the screen time in ROTJ, now the "Hero" can maybe finally get some.

The more I see it, the more I like it. If it shows up in the movies, it will be a must have. However with all the actual props that exist in previous movies and future movies, I do not have resources, room or money to collect EU, concept, or behind the scenes type prop/costume replicas.

Well, I'm like a kid before Christmas not wanting to wait for his presents. I don't think I'm going to wait for VIII to make this saber. I know that accuracy is kinda impossible at this point. But if I could do this thing cheap enough and incorporate the details that we are aware of at this point. Would anyone be interested?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back