Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

Man, how do you follow an all original-parts saber?

With a replica!

Just finished assembling the thing last night from parts collected over the last couple years. All Russ' parts, weathered by good ol' nature: wind, earth, air, fire, water, Easy-Off. The only use of paint was on the grenade but just to get it black.

I based the assembly off of the Tunisia, Death Star, and Chronicles photos, but above all, I used James Kenobi's all-real parts saber as the biggest reference. I wanted mine to look just as good as that.

I can die happy, now.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 342
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 359
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 368
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 359
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 375
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    897.5 KB · Views: 324
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 333
Last edited:
When i mentioned a groove I was referring to the inside piece, I wasn't too clean about that. On the replicas you have the outer 'sleeve' and the inside piece with the 16 Holes on it. On that inner piece is the small groove, under the 16 Holes, ill add a picture tomorrow to show what I mean.

-Mili

That saber is incredible :O I'm blown away

IMG_3854.JPG
I meant this groove in my post before. It seems to me if an original did not come apart it would be impossible to really tell that groove was there and to dimension it properly. It fits the look and all, but if a real balance pipe didn't come apart then is this groove under the ring of holes really accurate?

-Mili

Awesome aging indeed:thumbsup

Here's my 2nd one after I've decided to sell my Russrep/Romans saber. I got this from Serenity (Charlie), mainly I've moved him to sell his 2nd saber to me ;)
The Tunisia saber with the black grenade and dark emitter. It is built of some authentic parts and replicated:
Bronze Cast from Real No. 3 Mk 1 Rifle Grenade
Real correct Armitage Shanks handwheel, complete with the REG DES lettering on the bottom ring
Real Graflex flash clamp
Real Texas Instruments Exactra strip
Real Motorola TO-99 transistors
Russrep booster
Last run Roman's emitter (from Kurtyboys collection)
Custom adapter/spacer

In the near future I'll replace the alu booster with a steel one.

here are mines,not all mines,in fact,the ones I'm working on...for friends,and for me!

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/17/97/67/79/img_3612.jpg

Top is mainly parks based,but has lots of modifications:
- modified parks grenade,with changes on the front bevel and internal threaded section,for direct mounting.
-modified parks booster,for more accurate look and threaded sectioosn for assembly
-parks clamp,with fake patina
The emitter is made by myself,and the assembly too,created for room,because it's a fx saber.

The middle is a MK3 parks saber,with custom emitter and romans pommel.
It's already a fx saber.
I posted this saber in the past,but it was just a modifed MK3 at this time,with only custom emitter,and fake patina.
I replaced the parks pommel for a romans,and created a real patina.

The bottom saber is mine,already posted here,but it's funny to make a family photo!

Here you can see details of the top saber:

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/17/97/67/79/bali10.jpg

And here,the booster before and after,made from memory,so there are mistakes(threaded section position):

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/17/97/67/79/bost10.jpg

I know I'm a little late to the party but I had to ask you something about your coupler for mating the booster and grenade. After signing up for Russ's run this year I've been trying to come up with a method for mating these two pieces to allow for the electronics install and a piece similar to yours is what I have decided to go with. Russ has told me he would get back to me about the thread size and pitch of his grenades after I asked him some weeks back. One of the changes I would go with on the coupler would be to machine a different surface other than flat and smooth. something more akin to the booster itself but not as extreme. This way venting sound wouldn't be a problem and you wouldn't have to drill holes anywhere that would ruin the aesthetics. I was wondering if you might want to share the thread size and pitches of your coupler. Heck, if you have one for sale I might be interested in picking one up. It looks as if the one you have in the picture is for mating a Parks Grenade and a Romans Booster. Unsure if Russ, Parks and Romans uses the same thread sizing on their parts to be honest, do you know?

BTW, great work on the Russ V2 you did, I like your work. Mines still on display currently.

-Shane

hi,lots of variations allgrenades and boosters are different.
Here,on mines,it's a custom thread I choosed.
however it can be possible to make a custom coupler for russ parts.
If you want,and if you didn't receive russ boster yet,you cn ask him to ship to me.
already have some russ grenades here,and a already weathered and modified parks too if you want.
you can contact using my signature,it's my facebook page.

hi,lots of variations allgrenades and boosters are different.
Here,on mines,it's a custom thread I choosed.
however it can be possible to make a custom coupler for russ parts.
If you want,and if you didn't receive russ boster yet,you cn ask him to ship to me.
already have some russ grenades here,and a already weathered and modified parks too if you want.
you can contact using my signature,it's my facebook page.

Excellent and thanks for the fast reply. I have my Russ Grenade from this years run, but not the steel booster yet. I see you are as well on the Booster list for a plain steel one like myself and we are both currently waiting for the run to start. Since you will be getting one as well maybe you can just use that for the thread and size information. I would like to talk some ideas over with you and will be contacting you on your facebook page.

A weathered parks you say, I have a friend who might be interested in that. maybe even me, pending pics and a price :)

Talk to you soon.

Been making some progress on collecting parts for an all real Obi saber. So far I have this

KDobiparts_zps8b38dcb0.jpg

And a grenade on the way. Also have a real bubble strip I still need to trim. Guess I better start looking for transistors, too.

I'd phrase it a different way, this hobby is why I haven't got any money, then I found this magic piece of plastic (VISA) :)

Last edited:
I'd trade these second set of parts if I could find some one in the UK with a deactivated Webley flare gun, that they were doing nothing with :(

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back