Solo: A Star Wars Story

You know, it's that thing from the last six pages that needs no explanation.

Ahh right. I think I kicked the whole thing off. Its just that after you said this..."I don't recall them doing anything truly useful that resulted in bringing down the Empire, do you?" I was wondering if you even saw the movie.;)

Ahh right. I think I kicked the whole thing off. Its just that after you said this..."I don't recall them doing anything truly useful that resulted in bringing down the Empire, do you?" I was wondering if you even saw the movie.;)

Boy, you really get off on beating a dead horse/ewok. To answer the question, nope, I didn't find small bears throwing sticks, rocks and stone spears at armored vehicles and armed soldiers to be very convincing or satisfying. You seemed to really enjoy it, though. Huh, I guess we have a difference of opinion! Pretty crazy.

But this is the Solo thread, so maybe we've both derailed things long enough now.

But this is the Solo thread, so maybe we've both derailed things long enough now.

Thats for other people to decide and its actually all been very interesting indeed and they are in the new Solo film apparently so its really very much on topic when you think about it. Beats a picture of an empty chair with scuff marks on it.

With everyone's short attention spans and the advent of YouTube perhaps trailers are the future movies.

What was the movie where Sly went to the future to fight Wesley Snipes? Taco Bell won the fast food wars and was now fine dining, and radio was 'mini tunes' - 30 second ad's from todays' (or the 80s) radio.

Lol. I was thinking of Demolition Man when I wrote that and also about Andy Warhol predicting that everyone in the future will be famous for 15 minutes.

I was hoping for a Jyn Erso cameo in 'Solo'. I know it won't happen but I thought it would be cool if they needed forged Imperial documents and Beckett says "I know someone." And they meet up with her for a little scene.

I was hoping for a Jyn Erso cameo in 'Solo'. I know it won't happen but I thought it would be cool if they needed forged Imperial documents and Beckett says "I know someone." And they meet up with her for a little scene.
I'm pretty much against thrse type of cross-overs. It's a big universe and forcing too many convenient bumps into each other can be really distracting.

I loved R1, but when Jinn ran into Dr. Evazan and Ponda Boba it was one of these "Hey look at us" moments that was unnecessary. Same with R2 & 3PO on Yavin 4, that one really made no sense.

That said, it can be done right too. I liked seeing Red and Gold Leader in R1.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don’t know about Jyn but maybe K-2SO. And I’m going with 80% chance of seeing Boba Fett.

Well it looks a lot like a GOTG collection to me, just sayin.

ADDITION...I know this will easily be the most expensive Star Wars movie to make so far but when are we actually going to see some real promotion for it? Are they still protecting TLJ box office?:lol

Last edited:
In one of the leaked set photos, there's what appears to be an Ewok (taxidermy) in a glass case.

edit: I'm betting it's more of an Easter egg than anything else.

I'd be curious to see that photo... any idea where it can be found?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 4.36.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 4.36.52 PM.png
    638.9 KB · Views: 265
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back