ANH Imperial Coffe Mugs

Redbeard

Heya'll!

Let me start by saying I searched the Forums up dan down but couldn't come up with anything. So, my apologies if this topic has already been spoken of, which I imagine it has...

In the Force chocking scene in ANH I only recently noticed the thermos coffee mugs on the conference table. Have these been identified?

Cheers,
Red

Wow, you know I never noticed those either. That would be a cool thing to have.

Death-Star-Moffs.jpeg

Imperial-briefing.jpg

I don't recall seeing these before. I wonder if it was added later digitally?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe filled with blue milk?

Are you sure it's from a thermos? They look more industrial than something one might find with a thermos.

EDIT: Some quick Googling and this turned up.

Montgomery Cocktail Shaker.

6801620410FY

And upon closer inspection of these Imperial "travel mugs", the rubber/grip section, they look split in certain sections. So I guess they were added onto them and not originally part of the "cup" design. Turn this upside down, cut it in half, and slap some rubber/foam on it. Not saying this is it, but it is the closest thing I've found in all of 15 minutes of looking.

These things are cheap though.

Last edited:
The thing is that the original parts may have nothing to do with drink wear. I could see realistic speculation where they could be some sort of light fixture with rubber grips added. Not saying it is the case but you never know.

Looks almost like it is wrapped with foil tape or liner tape was used for the stripes.
Also notice the bottom looks to have a corrugated pattern to it.

DS Cup.jpg

The bottom half (black) are Tupperware Jel-ette gelatin molds. They were IDed by someone here awhile back.
There are always a million of them on eBay.
They don't come in black so they must have been painted.
I've been searching for the top half for years. No luck yet.

tupperwarejelette.jpg
SaveSave

tupperwarejelette.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got some of the Jel-ette molds.

s-l1600.jpg

These things are a lot smaller than I thought they'd be. I'd really like to get the metal portion to finish these off. Would it be possible to have some custom made? Anyone here want to take that on?

It looks like the base of the mold is either painted silver, covered with something silver, or (less likely) cut away and some other object pushed through to create a new base,

There are several ways they could have gone about making it but to me it looks like they stacked 3 separate sections on top of each other. I also think that there might be some cylinder or cup inside acting as an interior support for the pieces and help connect the mold cups. I have nothing to support these ideas but that’s how it comes off based on the low res image.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back