Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

I don't remember lol.

"A Jedi uses the Force (implied light side) for knowledge and defense, never attack."- Yoda

Pretty sure choking someone with the Force is attacking them. So Dark Side.

I don't remember lol.

"A Jedi uses the Force (implied light side) for knowledge and defense, never attack."- Yoda

Maybe ish, but it did look cool!!

Well he didn’t turn to the dark side did he. He saved his friends, saved his father and finished the emperor and then became a Jedi all dressed in black. I guess George was trying to subvert your expectations with clothing colour.

This is the reason, why after his confrentation. We see his shirt is open and that it's a whitish color underneath. The color of things is a part of the symbolism in Star Wars. That's why the Bad guys typically wear black and use red lightsaber.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe ish, but it did look cool!!

Just look up the Jedi code and Sith code.

This is the reason, why after his confrentation. We see his shirt is open and that it's a whitish color underneath. The color of things is a part of the symbolism in Star Wars. That's why the Bad guys typically wear black and use red lightsaber.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look up the Jedi code and Sith code.

yeap, I know about the use of colour in movies and the symbolism implied.

It’s worth remembering though that Luke wasn’t a Jedi at this point, so would probably have dealt with things differently given more experience. Also I don’t believe he killed them. Just disabled them.

They came at him with axes. He was merely acting in self-defense. The fact that he didn't snap their necks, but let them live after a harmless little Force-choke, tells me Luke was firmly ensconced in the Light Side.

The Wook

They came at him with axes. He was merely acting in self-defense. The fact that he didn't snap their necks, but let them live after a harmless little Force-choke, tells me Luke was firmly ensconced in the Light Side.

The Wook

All the did was cross there axes in front him to block him. And the Dark Side is the Dark Side, it doesn't matter how good your intentions are.

- - - Updated - - -

yeap, I know about the use of colour in movies and the symbolism implied.

It’s worth remembering though that Luke wasn’t a Jedi at this point, so would probably have dealt with things differently given more experience. Also I don’t believe he killed them. Just disabled them.

Doesn't matter. The Dark Side is the Dark Side, it doesn't matter how good your intentions are.

Protesting against Star Wars and supporting Star Wars toy sales at the same time. Kinda seems like an oxymoron....

Someone holds an axe in front of my face, I'm gonna assume their next move is to use it.

Luke ain't no dummy.

IRL that's the logic I'd use, but in Star Wars? In the OT? Nah. An attack via the force is definitely dark side dabbling, any way you cut it. Which is fine, it makes his arc in the film more solid.

Someone holds an axe in front of my face, I'm gonna assume their next move is to use it.

Luke ain't no dummy.

I just rewatched the scene. They literally just stand in front of him and cross their weapons. They make no moves to attack, they simply block his path. Luke is the clear aggressor.

It's been clear for decades between the movie itself, Hamill's comments, and Lucas' comments that in ROTJ Luke is walking a fine line. He's clearly being influenced by the dark side, knowing who his father is, but at the same time, his nobility and compassion remain. A Sith would have just walked in and slaughtered Yoda. Luke came in with an offer, but had the contingency to take action if Jabba refused. He was sending a message of respect, but also making it clear once he got there, he was not to be messed with.

Narratively, Luke is walking the line all through the film, but of course, it comes to a head in the most obvious way when Vader threatens Leia.

Luke is a Jedi, but he has not had the training or life-long faith earlier Jedi had. He's also being influenced by the fact that his father fell to the dark side and became space Hitler. When it comes to Luke being a Jedi, I always come back to one thing. Yoda said that once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke straight up proved that wrong by coming back from the abyss.

I think that's the whole arc of Luke in ROTJ, he's the hero, no doubt, but he's walking a line, and all the Jabba stuff is setting that up by showing him doing questionable-- but not wholly evil things.

I just rewatched the scene. They literally just stand in front of him and cross their weapons. They make no moves to attack, they simply block his path.

That's right, they blocking his path. They're blocking his path to save his friends from slavery. So he gently convinced the guards to back off and let him pass.

Oooooooo...that's soooooo DARK SIDE!!!!!

BAD...EVIL...LUKE!!!!

Pftt. OMG...Luke hurt the Gamorrean Guards' FEELINGS!!! What a DARK SIDE BULLY!!!!

It's been clear for decades between the movie itself, Hamill's comments, and Lucas' comments that in ROTJ Luke is walking a fine line. He's clearly being influenced by the dark side, knowing who his father is, but at the same time, his nobility and compassion remain. A Sith would have just walked in and slaughtered Yoda. Luke came in with an offer, but had the contingency to take action if Jabba refused. He was sending a message of respect, but also making it clear once he got there, he was not to be messed with.

Narratively, Luke is walking the line all through the film, but of course, it comes to a head in the most obvious way when Vader threatens Leia.

Luke is a Jedi, but he has not had the training or life-long faith earlier Jedi had. He's also being influenced by the fact that his father fell to the dark side and became space Hitler. When it comes to Luke being a Jedi, I always come back to one thing. Yoda said that once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke straight up proved that wrong by coming back from the abyss.

I think that's the whole arc of Luke in ROTJ, he's the hero, no doubt, but he's walking a line, and all the Jabba stuff is setting that up by showing him doing questionable-- but not wholly evil things.

You have to remember that in Jedi, Luke was a Jedi in name only. He hadn't finished his training, he failed in his "duel at the tree" and Vader kicked his ass. So for almost half of the original trilogy, he had the power but he didn't have the knowledge. He'd been told what to do but he lacked the practical application of that information. We never really saw Luke's full potential, which is a shame because now, we never will.

That's right, they blocking his path. They're blocking his path to save his friends from slavery. So he gently convinced the guards to back off and let him pass.

Oooooooo...that's soooooo DARK SIDE!!!!!

BAD...EVIL...LUKE!!!!

Pftt. OMG...Luke hurt the Gamorrean Guards' FEELINGS!!! What a DARK SIDE BULLY!!!!

Because crusing someone's windpipe is gentle. Lol.

Lets examime this.

First the guards don't know who he is or what he's doing there. Secondly the only reason his friends are there. Is to save Han. And the only reason the Han is there is because he owes Jabba money. And in lieu of payment Jabba as accepted his frozen body. Why does Han owe money? He took a job of smuggling spice, which he dumped. Hence he is required to pay the price of the spice. So Jabba has a valid and legitimate business problem. And Han didn't follow through with a deal he made. So as terrible and barbaric as it sounds. Jabba is in the right. Now we now that Jabba is a vile gangster. A bad dude that kills people and smuggled drugs. So you might say, who cares if he loses money on the deal. Who cares if Luke Force chokes his way in.

I ask you this. Do two wrongs make a right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back