Classic sonic screwdriver from Rubbertoe

Just thought I’d let you all know , I emailed rubbertoe and they said they were very busy with the New series of doctor who but are working very hard on the 4th doctors sonic when they get chances to , the parts are all made but they just need to be assembled , they also said they are trying to get maybe the first 20 out by the end of January but it’s not definite because they are so busy so it’s just a case of patience really but I’m sure it will be worth the wait

Good news. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one of these last week. At the time I asked them what the time frame was on these and they told me they were in LA for the week and would let me know my edition # today. I just received an email from them and my edition # is 99 but the good news is they said they have finally shipped out the first 20. I can't wait to see the pictures from those of you lucky enough to be one of those 20. They also said they are working on the rest whenever they get the time but as with past replica's the show might change when they can work on them but I'm hoping I will get mine by the summer.

Hi
Apparently they are planning on getting the next 41 out in March and the rest of the first 100 sonics out by April
I’m number 80 so hoping it will be April
There’s lots of pictures on Instagram and a great review by greatwazoo42 on YouTube
Thanks

Hi
Apparently they are planning on getting the next 41 out in March and the rest of the first 100 sonics out by April
I’m number 80 so hoping it will be April
There’s lots of pictures on Instagram and a great review by greatwazoo42 on YouTube
Thanks

Thanks for the update on the time frame. Since I'm number 99 I'm hoping for April too. I don't go on any social media so I was hoping someone that had received theirs would post pictures here but I guess that was too much to hope for.

Thanks for posting the pics. They are the first ones I've seen from anyone who has gotten a production piece, the only other pictures I've seen until now are the one's on the website. I've got a long wait since mine is #99 but it is good to know they are getting out.

I received mine in the mail today. Fantastic, beautiful, work all around and my congratulations to the crew -- you absolutely nailed it!

Dave

I received mine in the mail today. Fantastic, beautiful, work all around and my congratulations to the crew -- you absolutely nailed it!

Dave

What number was yours? I saw on their website that they had shipped 21 - 40 and were expecting to ship the next 20 at the end of April. I'm number 99 so I have a long wait ahead of me.

What number was yours? I saw on their website that they had shipped 21 - 40 and were expecting to ship the next 20 at the end of April. I'm number 99 so I have a long wait ahead of me.

Mine's #49. I'd say they're on schedule as I got an email about the third week of April that it was ready but I had to wait a week until payday so I could send the balance I owed. I was surprised as I didn't get any notice that it had shipped it just showed up at the door. It was pretty well packaged too, thankfully, as the outer box was a bit beaten up but the contents were in perfect shape.

Dave

Mine's #49. I'd say they're on schedule as I got an email about the third week of April that it was ready but I had to wait a week until payday so I could send the balance I owed. I was surprised as I didn't get any notice that it had shipped it just showed up at the door. It was pretty well packaged too, thankfully, as the outer box was a bit beaten up but the contents were in perfect shape.

Dave

Thanks for the info. At this rate, if they keep it up, I might have mine by July.

I'm in the USA. Recieved mine #51 almost a month ago. Right out of the box the sound unit didn't work. Ordered AG5 batteries from Amazon and bought some 393 batteries from my local grocer since 393 is supposed to be equivalent to AG5. Noticed the 393's didn't fit in the sound unit. Had to use 2 393's and one of the batteries that came with the unit. Got sound working. Then the next day no sound. Batteries seemed exhausted. AG5's arrived from Amazon, but they were too small for the unit, they just clunked around in the chamber. Again, used 2 AG5's and one 393, got sound. An hour later, no sound.

I contacted Rubbertoe and they were very helpful, even sent me a new sound unit. It arrived and didn't work out of the box either.

I'm wondering, the sound unit is from a War Doctor Sonic by CO, and it runs in the WDS on two larger button cells. Maybe the AG5's don't have enough juice. I don't know where Rubbertoe gets their AG5's because every type I buy doesn't fit in the sound unit.

Anyone else noticing this?

This has to be a very odd fluke, especially since it’s happened to you twice now, but my Rubbertoe 4 is still working on the original batteries that it shipped with.

I'm in the USA. Recieved mine #51 almost a month ago. Right out of the box the sound unit didn't work. Ordered AG5 batteries from Amazon and bought some 393 batteries from my local grocer since 393 is supposed to be equivalent to AG5. Noticed the 393's didn't fit in the sound unit. Had to use 2 393's and one of the batteries that came with the unit. Got sound working. Then the next day no sound. Batteries seemed exhausted. AG5's arrived from Amazon, but they were too small for the unit, they just clunked around in the chamber. Again, used 2 AG5's and one 393, got sound. An hour later, no sound.

I contacted Rubbertoe and they were very helpful, even sent me a new sound unit. It arrived and didn't work out of the box either.

I'm wondering, the sound unit is from a War Doctor Sonic by CO, and it runs in the WDS on two larger button cells. Maybe the AG5's don't have enough juice. I don't know where Rubbertoe gets their AG5's because every type I buy doesn't fit in the sound unit.

Anyone else noticing this?

I've posted this in another thread already, but realized that it would be good to have here too.

Over Christmas I received the Official replica of the Fifth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver, made by Rubbertoe Replicas. Of course as we all know this version of sonic was originally used by the Fourth Doctor, however as most fans prefer see this as the Fifth Doctor's sonic, it's going to be sold as such on the Rubbertoe site. And with that said, Nick will be putting this version up for sale sometime in the new year, and later the colorful Third Doctor version will follow.

For now, I thought you all might like a look at Nick's Fifth Doctor replica before it hits his site for sale. That tiny sliver of silver that you see on the white band activation ring was a specific request that I had made for my own replica because it is seen in "Keeper of Traken". I liked that it was the last remnant of the silver band left over from Baker's tenure. I don't believe that Nick will be doing this on all the replicas however.

Attachments

• IMG_4758.jpg
    IMG_4758.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4759.jpg
    IMG_4759.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4769.jpg
    IMG_4769.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4785.jpg
    IMG_4785.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4786.jpg
    IMG_4786.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4802.jpg
    IMG_4802.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 164
That looks awesome. I was hoping they were going to do the 3rd and 5th Doctor Sonics but when I asked about it after getting the Baker Sonic they never returned my email. I figured since they had the tooling to do the Baker they should be able to do the other 2 without all of the prep work that goes into making a new Sonic.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back