Rey's Saber contest winner announced

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up

My vote is for M. Love the design, looks the part completely.

I took the liberty of checking to see where we are at in voting (I hope OP doesnt mind). So far this is what I am seeing as the existing votes:

I am about to triple check this.

M = 17
E = 9
D = 4
L = 4
K = 3
I = 2
A = 1
H = 1

That agrees with my current tally. Does that mean Medlkiah is the next Jedi Temple planet?

I took the liberty of checking to see where we are at in voting (I hope OP doesnt mind). So far this is what I am seeing as the existing votes:

I am about to triple check this.

M = 17
E = 9
D = 4
L = 4
K = 3
I = 2
A = 1
H = 1
theres still time for it all to change !!! Enjoy the lead as it won’t last long !!! mwhaahaaa ( evil laugh )
BUT it is a nice creation

where are the voters ? Come on people time to vote vote vote

My vote is for D. Some may dismiss it just because the wrapping is the obvious "Rey" detail. But it actually is very well balanced.

My critiques of each:
A: Sort of looks like a short version of a vibroblade.
B: Too much like fishnet stockings. I think with a more organic or random pattern this might have been my choice. I do like the exposed internals.
C: Not bad overall. The base looks a bit heavy.
D: Well balanced, the wrapping sells it.
E: It looks too much like a pod racer engine. Perhaps just due do too much weathering.
F: The head feels too wide for the rest of the body.
G: I like this one overall, but with he blue lights it ends up feeling like a sonic screwdriver at first glance.
H: My choice for third. Perhaps could have use a few smaller details.
I: Nice wrapping, but needs more details at the top.
J: Feels like a prop from Bladerunner instead of Starwars, just due to the "Sony" feel of the shape.
K: Not bad, but I guess I am not a fan of reusing other saber parts.
L: My choice for second. It did resuse some parts, but hid them with a more unique combination.
M: See K
N: Broad-trident?
O: Just too random
P: That thing at the bottom looks like a mine sweeper, or an over-sized dental mirror.
Q: Well thought out, perhaps cover the electronics just a bit more.

So exciting,
I still think we could share this on the rpf bookface feed to get people voting :)
Could put a link on there with a little description and point them in this direction, but how many people on the bookface RPF are actually members on here and eligible to vote

I vote for entry M
but they are all awesome :thumbsup

I'm curious to see if the anonymous entries are paying off. I haven't seen this before. Is this a first? How is everyone liking it?

I'm going to have to go with D

Let's hear some feedback on the mystery entries.

Last edited:

I'm curious to see if the anonymous entries are paying off. I haven't seen this before. Is this a first? How is everyone liking it?

I'm going to have to go with D

Let's hear some feedback on the mystery entries.
Absolutely loving it, there’s only me and Drew know what I built, I know I’m not a known builder of sabers and can’t be favoured by my name so I’m absolutely happy with the way the votes are going, great comp and a great way of voting, well done Kevin926

Absolutely loving it, there’s only me and Drew know what I built, I know I’m not a known builder of sabers and can’t be favoured by my name so I’m absolutely happy with the way the votes are going, great comp and a great way of voting, well done Kevin926
well, seeing how I like all the entries, it's certainly safe to say I like yours. (Even though I don't know which one yours is):lol

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but I don't know how to do it, I just know there is a friend face feed...

Also I'm a little confused, I thought all the entries were anonymous ?
They are. Only drew knows.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm asking how people are liking the mystery of it?

Yeah sorry I misunderstood the wording @kevin926

I think it works fine, my gf said can I vote for yours and I told her the whole point is that no one knows who's is who's :)
And then I reminded her she's not a member anyway...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back