NEED PICS: of Parks Graflex Flash V1

Romans Empire

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently bought a "vintage" Folmer 'New York' Graflex, but the bottom is a bit suspect...

Can anyone post pictures of a Parks V1 so I can compare? Especially the bottom & inside.

MANY THANKS!! :thumbsup

I have a V1 but the bottom was switched out by someone before me to put in electronics and drilled holes in the bottom.
I can post pics of the rest of it if it's helpful.

Sorry to hear you may have been scammed Roman.

My Parks V1 also has holes drilled in the bottom but hopefully this helps...

Park_Sabers_V1_Graflex-Bottom_Can-01.jpg

Park_Sabers_V1_Graflex-Bottom_Can-02.jpg

Park_Sabers_V1_Graflex-Bottom_Can-03.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ARKM

I have a V1 but the bottom was switched out by someone before me to put in electronics and drilled holes in the bottom.
I can post pics of the rest of it if it's helpful.

Sorry to hear you may have been scammed Roman.

Yes, it would help. Does the Parks show brass inside?

The one I just got is SUPER clean inside... But my FOLMER "N.Y." is also very clean inside. Here are the pics:
20170611_141825.jpg

20170611_141935.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Romans Empire ! Your's doesn't have that goofy ring around the rolled lip, and appears to have much crisper stamping than ARKM's V1.

What I find facinating, is that stutter stamping on your N.Y. PAT. That's very unique!? I don't know that I've ever seen that on a GRAFLEX before. Not that I've seen them all, but I certainly don't recall seeing that...accidental knurling?.

Last edited by a moderator:
the inside of my vintage New York looks relatively clean too:

DSC_0507[1].JPG

couldn't get a better pic of the bottom stamping (just using the camera on my phone :))

DSC_0514[1].JPG

hope this helps :)

Looks like real stuff the pinching is very deep and clean on your first picture, really different from parks faded pinching IMO.
Condition can be very good, even 200 or 300 years old stuff can look like new if unused or so.
You can also see the cap is flat on yours, and texture made before pinching, the parks pictures show a kind of slope all around and texture would be made after pinching.
Seems the main tube end rim is different too, more rounded on yours and other real one, and like a flat part on the parks V1 but it's also funny, it's narrower than the standart graflex on your same picture, but the other real former also has narrow rim.
For me you made a good deal aha.

So I took a couple of pics but again, the rear tube is something else completely. Maybe a salt shaker from Bed Bath and Beyond?
Anyway, the electronics package is jacked into the front of the flash so no way to really get in there for pics. Probably no help but hoping...

IMG_0701.JPGIMG_0702.JPGIMG_0698.JPGIMG_0703.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back