Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Theyve actually been doing it for a few years. They did a few Ironman figures with 1 part that was molded in separate gold and red metallic colors, and Ive seen them do the hard plastic connected to rubber plastic thing on other stuff as well.

Double-shot injection moulding. That is nothing new. The tech has been around for as long as modern plastics. It is only a bit more expensive than moulding a single colour.

"wear and tear look" can be achieved by either heavy re-enacting or by using model builder techniques. I am sure we will se a lot of beatifully aged Hasbro helmets in a not too distant future...mine for example ;-)

I plan on buying 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 of these so will be attempting a weathered version at some point. So very excite right now!

I am really looking forward to it coming out, and people posting pictures of it side-to-side with a vacuuformed helmet with lineage to an original OT helmet.
I'm only getting it if it is the correct size and the dimensions are not too much off. I have already spotted a few things that I might want to mod...

The old design in general had a more organic lived in feel to it than what we see in the new movies. The wear and tear look of the originals adds to the feeling that this person has been wearing this armour for some time and has even had to affect a few repairs where needed. The look of the new armours are more sterile and clean..

That's kind of the point isn't it? That's why I don't understand the defense of the OT armor vs. R1. It's the Empire for crying out loud. Cold, sterile, and impersonal is what they're all about. Unlike the film props, in universe, the armor was not created by dedicated craftsman and artisans under time and budgetary restrictions. Give or take a few details, the R1 armor is exactly what it's supposed to be (and probably what the OT artists meant it to be, not expecting the intense scrutiny it's seen over time).

That's kind of the point isn't it? That's why I don't understand the defense of the OT armor vs. R1. It's the Empire for crying out loud. Cold, sterile, and impersonal is what they're all about. Unlike the film props, in universe, the armor was not created by dedicated craftsman and artisans under time and budgetary restrictions. Give or take a few details, the R1 armor is exactly what it's supposed to be (and probably what the OT artists meant it to be, not expecting the intense scrutiny it's seen over time).

Haha fair enough. Like I said, I do love the look and design of the new ones also. I have love for all my stormtrooper helmet related brethren, OT, RO or otherwise!!! :D

I really just don't understand the thinking it has to be one OR the other. Why can't it be both?
When I assembled my ATA kit I made it the wonkiest Stormtrooper I could. Some of the OT purists wouldn't even dare come close to it.. They "idealize" them on their own. It's far out there and in the spirit of the original props and I love it. The Hasbro is very cold and symmetrical.. And how they really SHOULD have looked.. And I love them too.

I'm going to have both the "wonky" ATA and the "sterile" RO helmets and they'll both look damn good. :cool

Regarding the seams and particularly the battery compartment, since this has been confirmed by Hasbro to be ABS, would it be feasible to make some ABS paste from my Anovos TK offcuts to spackle over this helmet? The white may not be a perfect match, but would that be a reasonable place to start with mods?

Cannot wait for this. I would have killed for something like this as a kid. Kids these days have no idea how lucky they are.

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 211
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back