Help Needed: Iron Man MK 45 Helmet [FOAM]: motorization. With Pics inside...

brand

Hi there, I finally had some spare time to make a new Iron Man helmet for my MK 45 suite that I don't know if will ever be completed since we still lack some pieces.

Anyway, I've made a foam helmet with damn cheap Domyos mats. Here's the result !!!

IM45.jpg

There are still some bits and pieces to fix, included some magnets to close the back of the helmet. Credits to MiddleFinger for the model and gaiatron for the super easy and clean unfold. Thank you mates.

Now it's time to motorize it!! Since I'm a super noob, I need to know how I can setup the opening in the easiest way possible.

I thought of two MICRO SERVO placed in the forehead triggered by a magnetic switch and powered by a small and light rechargable Li battery. I only need it to open and the close followed by eyes flashing.

So guys, can you please help me in finding the right components to make this magic happen? Expecially the servos and the proper logic board to trigger the whole thing and control the eyes flashing.

Last edited by a moderator:
search the forum for motorized faceplate started by 7sinzz.. it will answer every question you have.
Since your a noob.. good luck.. it aint as easy as it looks.. :thumbsup it cost me many hours and did not really work in the end.
TIP! Better buy it direct from projectearth 7. It will save you time and money.

Agreed...

do a search. Myself and member 'memebr' provide so much info in that thread.. it should be easy to follow IMHO.
JayCVenlo - what was hard for you?

And what didnt work exactly?

Really the parts , in the end the parts should have cost VERY VERY little.

2 x servos - $3.00 each or so
1 x Arduino Pro-Mini - $3.00
some leds - a few more bucks (depends on how many you want to use
2 x transistors - a couple bucks for a bag full
a switch of your choosing or however you want to 'activate it' - free? $1.00?
code - free

All in all.. should be under $20.00

Thank you xl97 and @JayCVenlo !!! Unfortunately here things are not so cheap, but I'll manage. It will be 11 euros for two plastic micro servos.

Anyway, I'll search for that thread. i forgot about it. The last time I read it was something like 2 years ago.

I've also looked at the solution found by xrobots, who put the servo in the chin.

not sure where 'here' is.... but you can order from ebay/china to cut costs? (shipping time stinks.. but thats life I guess) :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back