So Cal WonderCon 2015

For outside the convention, I hear there's some theme park about a 15-20 minute walk from the convention center. Disney...something. ;)

Oh, and there's a shopping center with restaurants to grab food in across the street.

Seriously though, Disneyland and California Adventure are *right* there, so there isn't really much else in the area other than hotels and restaurants since most folks are there for the parks.

This will be coming up in two weeks.

Just for eveyone to remember that there will be an RPF get together in the lounge at the Hilton on Saturday night starting at 8:00. You will find that it gets packed on Saturday so if anyone wants to show up early (say around 6:30ish) and grab a table and seats, that would be awesome. Preferably somewhere close to the bar. :)

This will be coming up in two weeks.

Just for eveyone to remember that there will be an RPF get together in the lounge at the Hilton on Saturday night starting at 8:00. You will find that it gets packed on Saturday so if anyone wants to show up early (say around 6:30ish) and grab a table and seats, that would be awesome. Preferably somewhere close to the bar. :)

I will take care of this one Brad how many seats should I try and hold within a ball park of about 5? ie 10,15,20

I will take care of this one Brad how many seats should I try and hold within a ball park of about 5? ie 10,15,20

Not sure. I feel that it will start as an RPF get together and them just merge into the rest of the crowd like last year. I would say 10 seats would be ample.

Got my pro passes for me and Kristin yesterday. Will be there for the whole event.

Seriously, I have no idea what the problem with Wondercon is, they always put up the pro reg so ridiculously late. SDCC puts theirs up a month before Wondercon does, yet happens 4 months later. It was under a month until the convention before they started registering pros. Don't they know people need to be able to plan vacation time?

First day is over and so far, amazingly good. There are some concerns, I think the dealer's room is even smaller than last year and it was really small last year, but it looks like they've started to learn from their mistakes. I'm cautiously optimistic that this is going to be a really good con.

Had a very good Friday at WonderCon 2015. Here's a shot of my friend Mike in Imperial Officer uniform, myself in off duty judge attire, BATGIRL artist - Babs Tarr (special guest and exclusive cover artist chosen for WonderCon 2015) and Judge Andrews!

11071418_989135667764976_1640786782274117903_n.jpg

Looks like next year Wondercon is moving over to the LA convention center. Saw the story on sdccblog.com

They say they couldn't get the dates in Anaheim, no clue why they don't book multiple years in advance. At least we know where and when it will be a year ahead of time instead of waiting until the very end.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back