Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

Here is a quick pass at straightening Roy's lever. Used an old shirt to cover it as to jot ding it too much and a hammer to flatten it as much as possible. There are a few tricky areas like the tinny curve on the tip but I'll keep experimenting with it.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160919/54214b6973f9430059f4fad6f3a26455.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooohhh man! It's aaallll wrong. Shucks & darn it all. You better send it to me, & I'll make sure it "gets taken care of" properly :D

Cool, but I think you should have kept the tiny curve at the end! I think it's there in Obi-wan's hands. The bending probably occurred from the dueling or pushing the lever pretty hard close. But the curved ending was probably always there!

Actually... I can tell you Roy without a doubt...your interpretation of the lever IS THE CLOSEST THING I HAVE SEEN to the real one after having seen the original in my hands. VERY CLOSE. you got it right bud.

Actually... I can tell you Roy without a doubt...your interpretation of the lever IS THE CLOSEST THING I HAVE SEEN to the real one after having seen the original in my hands. VERY CLOSE. you got it right bud.

From what I've seen of the V2, like you said it's untouchable. But would it be the same for the OWK stunt?

From what I've seen of the V2, like you said it's untouchable. But would it be the same for the OWK stunt?

So very hard to tell... we have good reference, but not good enough. That one Guiness pic is all we have so far as I know, and it's just not sharp enough to tell. The funny thing is seeing the thing in person you can certainly tell how we got so much of it wrong. The light plays on your eyes with the little imperfections and lines and makes you see something that's not there. Or is, but isn't how it seems from these photos.

I THINK it's the exact same lever.

I think I was so used to seeing that other lever on so many other replicas I already assumed it was correct for the ANH stunt. Looks like I'm gonna have to order another lever from Roy as soon as they become available, as my hammer test didn't achieve the results I was hoping for [emoji12]

I was actually able to bring back some of its curve

76cc6dfdacfc68d55ee97291136623a2.jpg

Looks perfect to me now!

Thanks Roy! I think I got a nice balance out of it this time. not as curved as the look of the V2 and not as flat as my first attempt. Still because of my OCD, I'm gonna have to order a brand new lever from you as soon as they become available, amongst other things I need for other project :)

Dude! Sym-Cha, you are amazing! I've never seen this photo.... EVER!!! How did I miss this?! I love it! Thank you!

That's why I felt I should dig through my extensive archive and add them to this thread as well ... here's more :

tumblr_mwsaeaBE2V1rey8wlo1_1280_zpsbxtrkxk6.jpg

Ben%20and%20Darth_zps1conu5q2.jpg

George%20OB1_zpssmuokjph.jpg

and I bet you haven't seen this OB1 picture either, alas without his lightsaber which is probably off stage for repairs :wacko

Alec%20Guinness%20as%20OB1-01_zpsm3mxiaat.jpg

. . . and back to the topic of the V2, so delicately recreated by Anakin Starkiller, and the original V2 on Luke's belt :

_903111116394728_8398835814236472912_n_zpsscfem4rq.jpg

Chaim

Any insight into any gold coloring on the windvane?

Yea, anyone that may have glimpsed anything, I would LOVE to know anything regarding the paint scheme of the original.

Man I love how mysterious the v2 is even to this day. Pretty much every other light saber from the OT has been boiled down to a science but the v2 still remains the most undiscovered. It's the final frontier of light sabers haha.

Dumb question, but Ive seen a few of the builds here have a clamp lever rod that goes through the nut on the opposite end enough to stick out past the threaded block. While others it seems shorter. Obviously this depends on how much you tighten the lever.

How are some of you able to tighten it more than others? I have mine on as tight as it can go, and the lever rod doesnt go past the threaded block hole. I have my clamp tabs ground down to nothing, so its not that. I would have to nos use the lever washer to get it to turn any further.

FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back