Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

If they did do that with Jar Jar, I don't want to just see the skeleton in the desert. I want it to be death by some ridiculous situation like they tried to make into jokes in TPM. Like smashed by a construction droid and cemented into a wall or something.

It occurred to me if Rey does turn out to be the daughter of Han and Leia then I bet Daisy delivered her lines with an American accent instead of her adorable British accent.

You know, because the Rebels/good guys were always American (except for Kenobi), and the Empire was British (like Finn).

Nah, they edited him into one of the celebration scenes at the end of Rotj.

are u freak;n kidding me?! i picked up SW on bluray the otherday, though i dont have a bluray player. i talked my girlfriend into watching ANH about two weeks ago, i noticed a few more changes... now im going to have to hunt for jar jar in rotj....

People shouldn't just assume that the SE gungan was meant to be Jar jar and not just a random gungan. I don't recall it ever being said that it is Jar jar.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think it could a be a different gungan?

I always took it as Jar Jar without even thinking about it.

These new new pics are just awesome. I'm trying sooo damn hard to not get overexcited but man it's hard. And Harrison really looks great as Han again.

Ben

Decided to post some random thoughts..having seen TFA Graflex in the second teaser, which is a hybrid of the ANH and ESB Graflex prop (top: ANH, clamp and down: ESB), I'm inclined to believe that Luke's ROTJ lightsaber (assuming he still has it) will be a hybrid of some sort as well (V2 and Hero). Maybe the V2 will be painted like the Hero/Hero painted like the V2, or half of the saber will be the V2 and the other half Hero? Either way I'm expecting a hybrid.

Just for ****s and giggles, lets assume TFA prop would be precisely like the V2 or Hero. Which prop do you think would be more likely to be shown?
I mean, we got a clear look at Luke's hero lightsaber in ROTJ...
http://m.screencaps.us/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-9913.jpg
...that scene, to me, felt like it was defining what Luke's lightsaber looked like to the audience. Even then, that could be considered an odd prop choice as the V2 was in the film more than the Hero.

What bothers me the most about the scene is that it is a pickup shot, not done with David Prowse or Mark Hamill. There is a pic of the stand-in actor in the Vader suit, for the close up saber shot, in Rinzler's Making Of ROTJ book. Notice that they put the belt boxes on backwards!!

What bothers me the most about the scene is that it is a pickup shot, not done with David Prowse or Mark Hamill. There is a pic of the stand-in actor in the Vader suit, for the close up saber shot, in Rinzler's Making Of ROTJ book. Notice that they put the belt boxes on backwards!!

Holy crap I didn't know that.

Because Jar-Jar was the only one voiced by Ahmed Best, who voiced that line for the ROTJ SSE DVD...?

--Jonah

No, it was Matt Wood. I was just listening to the SWU podcast. One of the hosts asked Matt at the 501st Celebration party if the Gungan in the ROTJ SE was Jar Jar. He said GL asked to have that Gungan there saying the line and Matt recorded it. But GL never specifically said if it was Jar Jar or not.

No, it was Matt Wood. I was just listening to the SWU podcast. One of the hosts asked Matt at the 501st Celebration party if the Gungan in the ROTJ SE was Jar Jar. He said GL asked to have that Gungan there saying the line and Matt recorded it. But GL never specifically said if it was Jar Jar or not.

I've been looking for some good podcasts to listen to at work. What's SWU? And do you have any other suggestions?

My apologies for going a bit off-topic, but no reason to start a whole new thread lol.

Star Wars Underworld. I also listen to The ForceCast and Rebel Force Radio, which is the best IMO. If you don't mind spoilers and bad language, Now This is Podcasting. There are others like Cantina Cast, Full of Sith, ect., but I think these 4 are the best.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back