The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Should be on all BluRays as far as I know; it was on the digital release too I think? Maybe, I'm not sure. I can't actually obtain any of it 'properly' until next month :/

Should be on all BluRays as far as I know; it was on the digital release too I think? Maybe, I'm not sure. I can't actually obtain any of it 'properly' until next month :/

Thanks I’m just afraid of dropping 30 bucks and not getting what I want

Thanks I’m just afraid of dropping 30 bucks and not getting what I want

Only paid 19.99 for my HD iTunes copy. It has a documentary called "The Director and the Jedi". Quite interesting actually. I will say this, I have no idea if the HD=BluRay quality.

I mean in the close up. The one he tosses over his shoulder is a resin stunt. I know that for sure from one of the RPF deep sources, but I'll leave it up to him to confirm or deny.

From what I've heard, yes, it's true; Disney had biodegradable resin stunts made for this scene, to avoid potential pollution. You have to 'hand' it to them: they take care of their reputation.

Last edited:
That first photo gives us a good look at how the clamp cover goes on. Unlike Roy's, it stops under the sidebars and appears to be held in place by a crimp in the metal that wedges into the gap.

Yeah! Great shot to see that. I knew this already. The thickness of their clamp cover is 0.20mm and it was pre-rolled. It was hard to put on I've heard. My version is better integrated for easy mounting made of 0.15mm stainless steel so no pre-bending is needed.

Yeah! Great shot to see that. I knew this already. The thickness of their clamp cover is 0.20mm and it was pre-rolled. It was hard to put on I've heard. My version is better integrated for easy mounting made of 0.15mm stainless steel so no pre-bending is needed.

Cool. I wasn't complaining, by the way. I prefer your method, which looks more stable. (I don't own one yet so I can't say, but from pictures it looks a lot easier). It's just interesting to note.

Grabbed this one from Star Wars YouTube channel

2260a4aa6139e48ea383f2818f0a3f10.jpg

I have a few timestamps written down from going through the bonus material, I'll go back and get some screens soon, either this afternoon or tomorrow

Haven't seen a lot of those moments shared around yet

So I guess this is another stunt I didn't have categorized... Bottom end looks different from the one I categorized as "Detailed FX Stunt - Graflex Flash Based"

LaxEMCj.jpg

Compared to the one I had:

3SQEQpe.jpg

What a mess of stunt sabers. I can't keep up :(

Something looks off to me in these shots, it COULD just be because it's out of focus... But do you think this could be the resin stunt?

From the documentary; this cuts to a shot of Rian, then back to Mark tossing it off the cliff

NMav4cP.jpghd7ilcY.jpgohycRou.jpgvjU8blT.jpgNnb7wp7.jpgbotqRTs.jpg

This shot is slowly panning up on Mark, and when it cuts back to him tossing it the shot is focusing on his head and his arms are just out of the shot, so it seems to match up

At around 12 minutes in the documentary

Between the apparent seam and the bunny ear thickness I am definitely going with resin stunt... which would make sense if he's about to chuck it. :lol

I'm just going to ignore this picture for my gallery but that bladed stunt in the background doesnt look like any of the ones seen in TLJ lol.
Reminds me of the TFA stunt without the antenna on the black pommel part thingy

clnjOhl.jpg

I don't even know anymore

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back