Solo: A Star Wars Story

I'm optimistic. I liked what I saw.

Also wasnt someone saying the movie may take part in a few time periods joint together. Would maybe explain the clean falcon. Also in this shot the falcon looks a bit more dirty.

IMG_6986.JPG

Ben

Last edited:
i can't think of one single movie with a celebrity impersonater in the lead that was any good...ever....

Ed Wood

I like the idea that Han lets it look like junk on purpose. It always cracks me to think about James Bond being a spy-- spies are supposed to blend and not be noticed, and he always has the fanciest clothes and the slickest cars when really, he should be driving a beater.

If I was a smuggler I wouldn't use a a flashy sports car, I'd use a beat up old pick up.

we can disagree but i don't think Ed Wood really applies. those were actors and good ones...Landau being the better in my opinion.
(by "celebrity impersonator" i meant those look and sound alikes you see in commercials, onstage in a dive or...well, youtube)

and experience would say beaters are a cop magnet for those cops "fishing for probable cause"

Last edited:
The nose though... I hope they explain the nose, even with a few guys here explaining it I can’t see it mechanically moving?!

i speculate the nose to be just a shell and the loading arms on the inside are on a track on the inner sides of the"mandibles"...it can perhaps eat cargo through the jaw openings, eh? or not
the old mpc 1/72 falcon had a door and window in the recess between the jaws....

Last edited:
Argh.

every time I read praise for Anthony ingruber I think, well if they like him so much, why not just watch his other movies....

Oh wait..............

he’s not Han, cuz impressions don’t make you a good actor.

apparently they had a seasoned and praised actor who still needed a coach... there’s no way in a million years he was getting that role.

I’ll bet he doesn’t get any major role ever, period. Nothing against the guy, but a lot of guys can regurgitate actors reads after seeing it enough times. But give the guy new lines...??

The shot of the Falcon from the rear shows that the sidewalls & the docking rings have covers on them,....very Ralph McQuarrie concept style

J

Hmmm, you never know.....it could all be a ruse and that migh not BE the Falcon. Perhaps its a brand new ship that Han flies and likes it so much he manages to win an older beater version from Huggy...I mean Lando. Maybe lando puts it up as a stake in the game but doesnt tell Han its beat to S###.

That or it just run out of clean real fast!

2 guys trying to keep a large cargo ship clean? I know i'd get bored of it pretty quick.

Ingruber has an amazing likeness and a spot-on Ford impression, but that doesn't automatically mean he'd be good or do the role justice. I've never seen Ingruber in anything but the one youtube video so I can't really comment on his acting ability, but I can tell you that, imho, Alden Ehrinreich is a great actor. My only problem, initially, was his height, being 3" shorter than HF. But that is easily hidden. Just look at Tom Cruise; I had no idea how short he was until I looked it up one day on a whim.

Now this Solo teaser didn't really do much for me either way, so I'm waiting to see the full trailer to pass judgement. I'm not sold on the pristine Falcon either. I'm just not convinced a spaceship can degrade so far in just 10 years, especially given that it's appearance didnt change a lick in the 30 years that had passed between ROTJ and TFA (except the dish of course). But we'll see.

Last edited:
I would guess that for the early part of his life he will be shown at his normal height, as he can pass easily for a teenager. As the film progresses over the years he'll be shown to grow . That final shot with Chewie makes him look roughly the same height as in ANH. The reason they have mostly left him out of the teaser is exactly that , they want people to watch the full trailer.

I would guess that for the early part of his life he will be shown at his normal height, as he can pass easily for a teenager. As the film progresses over the years he'll be shown to grow . That final shot with Chewie makes him look roughly the same height as in ANH. The reason they have mostly left him out of the teaser is exactly that , they want people to watch the full trailer.

I don't think that's true. I think he's in his early 20s in the first part of the film, mid-20's in the second part, and late 20's in the third. (In ANH, Ford was 34. And I'd say his character was early to mid-30's.)

He's 6" shorter.

Same height difference between Ford and Hamill.

Maybe someone will say: Aren't you a little short for a Solo?

- - - Updated - - -

What the hell did Han do to make the Falcon go from super pristine to crap in a few years? Frat parties? Was Chewie not housebroken yet?? Mynock infestation???

And who's going to commission the first Lando pimp-coat? Real snazzy. [edit: @Toadmeister beat me to it!]
I want to HEAR AE in the full trailer. We just rewatched the AI Age of Adeline scene again right after this teaser and it made us very sad. What could have been...

It hasn't been important to the story so far, but Han, Lando and Chewie are two pack a day smokers. Hence the yellow grime.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back