ESB SABER

TheRealHanSolo

Greetings!
I have a feeling that this information is here somewhere already but I haven't been able to hunt it down. Im awaiting a replica Graflex to build myself a saber. Im looking for the measurement between the track pieces on the lower handle. Ive been able to find out all the other dimensions but not that one. Does anyone have any ideas?

If you’re on Facebook, there is a group called the ‘Graflex Addict’s Support Group’. They’re a hugely knowledgeable crowd and will answer any question you might have. Other than that, maybe get in touch with Parks or Korbanth sabers...they may be able to supply you with that info (as well as a full replica, if required!)

Hey, sorry but this is simple maths. the tube is 38mm in diameter, when you get your grips, just measure the base, calculate the diameter of the tube, remove the size of the grips and you get your spaces. it all depends on the size of the grips...

d8ce11200bb45a85427ebb17d3a63222.jpeg

Does this help?

From Roy's page:
http://wannawanga.com/goodies/

Also, there are 3D printed templates on Shapeways that you can use:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/the-graflex-guide

Plenty of ways you can do this. One way is to use these grip templates you can print out. What I did was wrap the template around the tube lined up to where you want your grips to go, draw lines on masking tape at either end, remove template, attach your grips lining them up to the guidelines you drew on the tape, remove said tape.

6griptemplate.jpg7griptemplate.jpg

I can’t say that, I do my ESB builds by eye. TFA on the other hand I would use a jig. But you can clearly see in ESB they didn’t give a damn how those suckers aligned lol

Vader’s ESB is a rough one, thanks to Roy for mapping that one all out for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t say that, I do my ESB builds by eye. TFA on the other hand I would use a jig. But you can clearly see in ESB they didn’t give a damn how those suckers aligned lol

Vader’s ESB is a rough one, thanks to Roy for mapping that one all out for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the Shapeways jig for my Luke ANH lightsaber.
But I eyeballed my ESB/ROTJ Heiland useing Roys blueprints for "mapping"

20171227_004032.jpg

20171226_233633.jpg

20171227_003926.jpg

This started being my first build. Not my best work, kinda sloppy. But then the ones used on screen were kinda sloppy too.

They all look perfect to me, and as far as "accurate" is concerned, I couldn't tell one way or the other but anyone who shells out the duckets for even a REPRO graflix and doesn't just use a chrome plated brass sink drain deserves points for accuracy.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back