Boba Vett the F1 legend

Deetz

I thought this would be a fun project to make for my display. I love F1 and of course, Star Wars and the name was a perfect fit for Vettel. So my first F1 and Star Wars Mashup! :D

Original helmet design for Sebastian Vettel is by Jens Munser.

Attachments

• Boba_Vettel_01.jpg
    Boba_Vettel_01.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Boba_Vettel_02.jpg
    Boba_Vettel_02.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Boba_Vettel_03.jpg
    Boba_Vettel_03.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Boba_Vettel_04.jpg
    Boba_Vettel_04.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Boba_Vettel_05.jpg
    Boba_Vettel_05.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Boba_Vettel_06.jpg
    Boba_Vettel_06.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 135
Hey Deetz ! Which helmet did you use for your Boba Vett?

It looks great~! Almost like it was a present to him from his team, assuming he was a huge Star Wars fan. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
haha makes sense some bounty hunters would be "sponsored". Maybe the only thing different would to put in universe sponsors on it.

Hey Deetz ! WOW! Totally missed that build thread. That was a very ambitious puzzle you constructed, and you totally pulled it off! Or should I say 'out', of the mould you made that is!!!

I'm sure it's all the more special to you seeing that you made it all yourself. Bravo! to you. Consider me impressed. Though, truth be told, I'd have been even more impressed if you sculpted your helmet in C-L-A-Y instead of C-A-D. ;)

So now that you have one done, unless I've missed the other threads, when are you going to paint the other two?

Last edited by a moderator:
nice!

where did you got the sponsor logos from? or was it DIY?

now you gotta make a Senna :) (yes I am old school :))

Cheers Steven and alienbuilder :)

Hey @Deetz ! WOW! Totally missed that build thread. That was a very ambitious puzzle you constructed, and you totally pulled it off! Or should I say 'out', of the mould you made that is!!!

I'm sure it's all the more special to you seeing that you made it all yourself. Bravo! to you. Consider me impressed. Though, truth be told, I'd have been even more impressed if you sculpted your helmet in C-L-A-Y instead of C-A-D. ;)

So now that you have one done, unless I've missed the other threads, when are you going to paint the other two?

I also did the Boba Fett prototype white armour version.

I'm actually in the process of refining my master mould helmet, there were some flaws I wanted to correct. However once complete the immediate plans are to make a Jango Fett and another ESB Fett.

nice!

where did you got the sponsor logos from? or was it DIY?

now you gotta make a Senna :) (yes I am old school :))

I made the logos myself with vinyl. Not as good as silk screened because they add layers for multiple colours, which in the end means more sanding to the clear coat to get a smooth finish.

Ahhh Senna! I'm old school as well :) Yes, that would be good! Boba Senn? I was actually wanting to do Felipe Massa but this time with a dented version of the helmet. Not sure if you remember he was hit in the helmet with a spring at 175 mph. I think I'll probably do both, why not I say!? lol.

wpid-massagty_450x300.jpg

Cheers Steven and alienbuilder :)

I made the logos myself with vinyl. Not as good as silk screened because they add layers for multiple colours, which in the end means more sanding to the clear coat to get a smooth finish.

Ahhh Senna! I'm old school as well :) Yes, that would be good! Boba Senn? I was actually wanting to do Felipe Massa but this time with a dented version of the helmet. Not sure if you remember he was hit in the helmet with a spring at 175 mph. I think I'll probably do both, why not I say!? lol.

nice, many years ago I brought a cheap outdated Bell M-3 on ebay, had big plans to turn it into a Senna, but never sorted out the sticker part, getting it done professionally would've costed an arm and a leg so that project was put on hold indefinitely :)

unfortunately I haven't been watching F1 for many years so no idea which incident you were referring to, but sounded like Massa had much better luck then Senna, helmet wise......... :(

Last edited:
Love these crossover type builds! Can't wait to see more

Hey thanks, Marvin, I'll definitely be doing more in the future, I currently have some casts of a tfa tie pilot helmet I'm finishing, perhaps one of those might make a nice crossover. Hrrmm yesss, yes indeed :p

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back