Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
As I have been indirectly accused of constantly coming into this thread trolling and antagonising people here who want to have a discussion about it in the Premium Members thread and asking why I have not been banned for such behaviour, I will refrain from commenting here moving forward. I will however reserve the right to respond to a pending individuals review of The Last Jedi.

My contribution to this forum is spread over the entire forum and to put that at risk over a small minority of people in this thread is absolutely not worth it. It will be interesting to see how this situation is handled by those same people. Many thanks to all who have posted likes to my comments. It is worth noting that I have never had to resort to personal attacks or insults at any time.

You'e not seriously waiting for @TheWook's annual Mary Sue, too many women in Star Wars article are you? ;) Spoiler alert, he hated it, moving on.

As I have been indirectly accused of constantly coming into this thread trolling and antagonising people here who want to have a discussion about it in the Premium Members thread and asking why I have not been banned for such behaviour, I will refrain from commenting here moving forward. I will however reserve the right to respond to a pending individuals review of The Last Jedi.

My contribution to this forum is spread over the entire forum and to put that at risk over a small minority of people in this thread is absolutely not worth it. It will be interesting to see how this situation is handled by those same people. Many thanks to all who have posted likes to my comments. It is worth noting that I have never had to resort to personal attacks or insults at any time.

Your not going anywhere, so sit your butt down:)

Been on vacation, saw it a third time. Still think it's overall a solid film. Much more coherent after multiple viewings.

Addressing something from a few pages back, Luke does throw in "the war is just beginning" in his Kylo confrontation, so the interpretation of Luke as a pacifist that was posted in the thread is just another incorrect reading of the film.

Re: the plagiarism thing. According to the Wiki page for TLJ, Johnson was in development at least as early as August 2014. They shot on Skellig Michael (aka Ach To) in September 2015. Principal photography was supposed to begin in January, but was pushed to Febuary because of rewrites. "A Flare in the Dark" was first published 1/25/16.

And did anybody read that fanfic? A bit pr0n-y. The protagonist (aka, you, the reader) spends some...intimate time with Kylo.

Soooo...RJ read some sultry fan fic at the end of January, immediately as it was posted, and re-wrote TLJ?

This is really what folks believe?

Last edited:
Been in vacation, saw it a third time. Still think it's overall a solid film. Much more coherent after multiple viewings.

Addressing something from a few pages back, Luke does throw in "the war is just beginning" in his Kylo confrontation, so the interpretation of Luke as a pacifist that was posted in the thread is just another incorrect reading of the film.

Re: the plagiarism thing. According to the Wiki page for TLJ, Johnson was in development at least as early as August 2014. They shot on Skellig Michael (aka Ach To) in September 2015. Principal photography was supposed to begin in January, but was pushed to Febuary because of rewrites. "A Flare in the Dark" was first published 1/25/16.

And did anybody read that fanfic? A bit pr0n-y. The protagonist (aka, you, the reader) spends some...intimate time with Kylo.

Soooo...RJ read some sultry fan fic at the end of January, immediately as it was posted, and re-wrote TLJ?

This is really what folks believe?

And this is why I never even bothered to read that article.

40 more likes and we can save the rainforest.

I like "likes"

"Likes", (oh.. and theater money) saved Start Wars. From a certain point of view. And Wheeeww thank the good Lord, cause heaven forbid Disney should loose some credibility. :cry

I dont think Disney has any other "Blockbuster" movie so evenly split, in the user, not professional review. Correct me if im wrong

and Like Phasma DJ was a waste of film.

I always hoped Phasma would be a Fett (just a paid assassin working for the Empire) might be somebody, because of how I felt about her in GOT, then I realized theres no more Empire

...and DJ would be scruffy looking, nerf herder..selfish, but redeemable...that was more than a deceitful selfish studdererererer. But, I guess not.

What the hell is a nerf herder anyway?

I like "likes"

"Likes", (oh.. and theater money) saved Start Wars. From a certain point of view. And Wheeeww thank the good Lord, cause heaven forbid Disney should loose some credibility. :cry

I dont think Disney has any other "Blockbuster" movie so evenly split, in the user, not professional review. Correct me if im wrong
I think you're correct in that I can't think of a movie that's been so publicly divisive. If you like the movie, fine. You don't, fine. I love discussing this or any other film with people in both sides.

We live in a culture of the selfish & professionally outraged, that has to chime in on any & all topics, whether they have anything to say. Just like if there's a tragedy anywhere in the world, everyone has to run to social media to say...

something.

I don't remember who said it, but I heard a guy say that most "My thoughts & prayers are with (insert random cause, tragedy, person)" posts, tweets, & the like, are basically the poster saying, "Hey!!! Don't forget ME!", & being the cynical ******* I am, I couldn't agree more.

I just wonder how much of that plays into the public division?

and Like Phasma DJ was a waste of film.
PHASMA.jpg

I think you're correct in that I can't think of a movie that's been so publicly divisive. If you like the movie, fine. You don't, fine. I love discussing this or any other film with people in both sides.

We live in a culture of the selfish & professionally outraged, that has to chime in on any & all topics, whether they have anything to say. Just like if there's a tragedy anywhere in the world, everyone has to run to social media to say...

something.

I don't remember who said it, but I heard a guy say that most "My thoughts & prayers are with (insert random cause, tragedy, person)" posts, tweets, & the like, are basically the poster saying, "Hey!!! Don't forget ME!", & being the cynical ******* I am, I couldn't agree more.

I just wonder how much of that plays into the public division?

I cant agree or disagree more:) Cause when it comes to my eyes and my ears and my feelings and thoughts....yeah, im pretty selfish.

The public division will ultimately, play the part of success or failure. Not the initial, wham bamm thank you maam, but the aftermath. The future of SW/Disney relies on the ending credits of the last movie.

And I'll be there to see it.

Last edited:
I cant agree or disagree more:) Cause when it comes to my eyes and my ears and my feelings and thoughts....yeah, im pretty selfish.

The public division will ultimately, play the part of success or failure. Not the initial, wham bamm thank you maam, but the aftermath. The future of SW/Disney relies on the ending credits of the last movie.

And I'll be there to see it.
That's it exactly!

I've wondered so much how a single movie from an announced series, could be faulted for story related issues. The story simply isn't over yet.

That's it exactly!

I've wondered so much how a single movie from an announced series, could be faulted for story related issues. The story simply isn't over yet.

Ok, now Ill argue. TPM to AOTC was in sync... ANH with ESB..was in sync

Now we have TFA with TLJ.... there we have problems. And no one can deny (being honest to themselves, in a selfish way..lol), this is the most problematic, second chapter, Stars Wars has ever seen.

Ok, now Ill argue. TPM to AOTC was in sync... ANH with ESB..was in sync

Now we have TFA with TLJ.... there we have problems. And no one can deny (being honest to themselves, in a selfish way..lol), this is the most problematic, second chapter, Stars Wars has ever seen.
DarthLee..I could look you dead in the eye & honestly say that I absolutely loved this movie, perceived warts & all.

Let me say though, I'm not going to argue any point with anyone anymore, but I'll be glad to give my view on any point that anyone else has a problem with. No arguement. No hate. No quest for likes. None of that.

As I have been indirectly accused of constantly coming into this thread trolling and antagonising people here who want to have a discussion about it in the Premium Members thread and asking why I have not been banned for such behaviour, I will refrain from commenting here moving forward.
This is supposed to be a discussion thread. This movie is divisive as hell, there are going to be passionate voices for and against it. The one thing that has made me feel better about the disappointment of TLJ is seeing like-minded geeks who feel the same way. We all love Star Wars, and if TLJ affected that love it's a personal thing that makes us sad, angry, incredulous, you name it... and expressing that in full is not trolling.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back