Lawgiver build (morganthirteen/joatrash kit)

I’ve painted the lawgiver. I started with a coat of silver (Simoniz Wheel Silver). I did some tests with black paint on top of this. With some thinners on a cotton bud, I gently rubbed some edges to remove the top coat showing the silver below. I know I could probably get the same effect by using silver paint on top of the black. But any natural weathering by just handling the gun would show silver rather than primer.

http://www.tobor2.com/temp/dlawgiver25.jpg

Fantastic idea :D

This is fantastic work. One of the best mods of our kit to date. You did an exceptionally good job at cutting it up- especially the Glock. I usually hate having to do precision cutting like that- it's always so fiddly, but you nailed it perfectly.

Nice job. I wish we could buy Airsoft guns here. It would make prop building so much easier to have cheap realistic looking guns to base things on. I've developed a dislike for inert gun props. I like working triggers and places for lights and removable mags. Metal replicas are not a cheap option though allowed here.

I can't believe I missed this thread. you did an absolutely magnificent job on this. mine Is still In limbo awaiting Inspiration. and I think you just gave It to me.

I haven’t made any progress on my second Joatrash/Morgan13 lawgiver. But it just needs to be painted and weathered.

I’ve been working on the Pinski kit. I decided to make it into a custom version. Maybe an early prototype mark 2 lawgiver. I tried to put in some aspects of the Stallone and comic book versions.
The bullets are made from 9mm brass tube and shaped wooden dowel. It has a CYMA frame with spring loaded trigger and removable magazine.
I intend to put LEDs behind the ten red acrylic rectangles, and one under the barrel.

dlawgiver41.jpg

dlawgiver42.jpg

dlawgiver43.jpg

dlawgiver44.jpg

dlawgiver45.jpg

I also have two more lawgiver project. These are at a very early stage; basically I want to make working airsoft versions of the Dredd 2012 and Stallone lawgivers. They will be based on Tokyo Marui gas blowback airsoft pistols. I have no idea how I am going to proceed with these at the moment. I would love to get some accurate shells, like the SD studios Stallone kit. But there doesn’t seem to be anything available at the moment.

dlawgiver46.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back