New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

The wires going to the head are hard to access. But there are actually three wires, red black and white, with a yellow covering.
Yes, I know that, which is why I said "I don't blame you" :)
(I mentioned this in my Comic-Con pics post :) )

WOW is right! I think that deserves an

tumblr_lyjurkBvlv1qdckuu.gif

That really is a fine price of work. Congratulations! The Aztec ridges always look the best IMO, just wasn't keen on the switch. Maybe i'll have a go at a Hybrid version with intimidate square slider button. What paint did you use?

Loving the conversion! I foresee a new wave of threads showcasing TWC sonic customisations now :D
I wonder who is going to be the first, brave/foolhardy enough to risk trying to get to the wires? :lol

Can anyone tell me what's up with forbiddenplanet.com their site does not say if they have stock or not, i have ordered mine and it has been charged, its been over a week and still they haven't shipped it. Cant wait to get my hand on one of these.

Can anyone tell me what's up with forbiddenplanet.com their site does not say if they have stock or not, i have ordered mine and it has been charged, its been over a week and still they haven't shipped it. Cant wait to get my hand on one of these.

I was having problems ordering from FP couldn't get it to add to my basket. Gave up went to BBC Shop. I wonder if there are problems with what the site is saying? Check, delete and re-order elsewhere is my advice!

I was having problems ordering from FP couldn't get it to add to my basket. Gave up went to BBC Shop. I wonder if there are problems with what the site is saying? Check, delete and re-order elsewhere is my advice!

Just sent FP a E-mail asking for information. Hope its something easy to resolve. if not.. i think i'l follow your advice.

Tobor, did you completely disassemble the body to do that work to it? I'd be curious to see it taken apart, even if you only did a little bit. Did you sand down the body, or fill the crackle molding?

I took the sonic apart to the extent you can see in the picture. Unfortunately, I did scratch the collar and end piece a little. I had to clean up the aluminium, which removed the anodising. You can see the difference between the head which is still anodised and the rest of the sonic.
I sanded down the body to remove the texture. It’s not very deep and doesn’t affect the diameter much.
The paint I used was Plasitkote colony cream with a gold base coat.
wcsonics007.jpg

Loving the conversion! I foresee a new wave of threads showcasing TWC sonic customisations now :D
I wonder who is going to be the first, brave/foolhardy enough to risk trying to get to the wires? :lol

I did it last week. I took off that tiny momentary switch on the bored and soldered 2 lead wires for my new switch. The wires were scavenged from a CO toy.

Has anybody figured out how the head comes apart? The parts with the anodize finish stripped off look a million times better, but I wouldn't want to soak any of them in degreaser unless I could do all of them to match.

I did it last week. I took off that tiny momentary switch on the bored and soldered 2 lead wires for my new switch. The wires were scavenged from a CO toy.

I meant the wires inside the acrylic tube, the ones that would need to be changed to red/black for a different version of the prop.

I kinda cheated on mine. I wrapped the yellow wire in black shrink wrap then twisted a red wire around that. The red wire being purely decorative.

As far as stripping the head is concerned, pop off the emitter, and you will see a plastic collar that holds the head to the neck piece. Remove said collar and push the neck piece down. It will require a bit of force. but it does work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back