Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Just created a blog to catch all the star wars related spill over in this thread. I'll still post here regularly, but will try to stay on topic to the screen accurate cockpit (*try*). The blog will cover all my other replicas of the movie sets, so far including the Lars Homestead, The Cantina, Death Star Docking Bay 327 and other Interiors, Docking Bay 94, the Tantive Interior and at some point adding the Yavin Rebel Base, Echo Base, Snow Speeders, Jabba's Throne Room, and on and on and on. Youtube videos, renders, and miscellany galore!

As I have been in this thread, I am always open for discussion on any star wars topic over on the blog, so feel free to comment!

Thanks folks.

click the image below to take a look:

Ok bro...I've been reading through your stuff for a bit, and I just gotta stop and say...HOLY CRAP!!! GREAT WORK!!!

Seriously...I too am a huge fan of the blueprints, set diagrams, environments of the films, etc. Always buying books, looking for BTS pics... And let me say that your work is simply stunning. Every bit of it is beyond cool.

Obviously the Falcon stuff holds a special place for any true Star Wars fan, but I also love the other sets you have been working on...The Cantina and ESPECIALLY the Blockade Runner. Those Tantive IV renders made me do a double take. Several years ago I did a lot of research on the Blockade Runner for another project, and you have completely nailed it.

IF you ever decide to sell full working blueprint copies of your work, please let me know as I would definitely be in for a set. I cannot wait to see what you come up with next.

Top Notch Work!

Jason

Hi Steve I am new member to this site but have been watching your work for some time, and all I can say is Perfectiion!!!! I was wondering though do you have any more detail on the controls above the pilots head in the falcon. In stills that I have taken from ESB it seems there are a few more controls to be seen.
Many thanks.
CEC

In regards to those pics of the studio lights by the cockpit set...

I don't think the big one in the original wide shot is the same light you are seeing in the side shot showing it on the stand. It may have been taken around the same time, but I'm pretty positive they are not the same light.

The big one in the side shot looks to be a 2k fixture...Maybe even bigger. The one in the side shot looks to be a smaller size, 1k at best...Maybe even a 650 fresnel. I do however agree that they look to be Mole Richardson lights.

In fact, if you look back at the wide shot again, you see a smaller fixture sitting over to the left of the shot...It looks very much like the smaller fixture with the barn doors in the side shot.

Just my little 2 cents. :)

Jason

Thanks! been really busy working on some Blockade Runner stuff lately. Guess I needed a bit of a breather from my round the clock immersion in the Falcon's Cockpit, but I'll return as I always have. Hang in there folks.

Pwrsrce, I think you're right about the lighting set-up, thanks for the cents. Even when I placed the lights exactly where they appear in the first photo, using photogrammetry, the resulting shadow pattern didn't match the movie (though it seemed basically right). So I agree that they used different lights in different shots and moved a lot of stuff around. Still, it was worth a try.

Hi Steve glad to see you are back on the thread. I was wondering have you had much of a change to consider my request on any ideas about the instruments above the pilots heads on the falcon. From what I can see from movie still there is not much really shown.

Hey CEC,

some ways back in this thread, someone posted fairly clear views of the boxes and levers in the upper canopy of the ESB cockpit, but I haven't been able to actually identify the parts that were used.

I've been working on a theory, as yet unproven, that in the ANH cockpit, some of the levers were recycled in the deathstar tractor beam set, and in Yavin base. The levers have some kind of large D ring shape attached to yet another C3P0 Leg Piston (notably appearing as the throttle levers in the Falcon's cockpit)

These two images show the lever I mean

swnh_4011.jpg

swnh_5448.jpg

and in this picture you can see the silhouette doesn't quite confirm it, but looks like it could be possible. I'm open to suggestions

swnh_2969.jpg

First - great find between the tractor beam and the Yavin battlefield map. I want to say they are the same piece but I just can't tell. Do you have the image of the boxes you referred to in your post?

Hi Steve thanks a million for the pics. I have been following your site, and dorgmal Snow's 1/16 falcon cockpit for a while. I downloaded some plans from his site and built a small replica of the falcon's cockpit. The data that i obtained from your posts have allowed me to continue for a more detailed build. Your work is not only accurate but takes all the mystery out of guessing. I would like to download some pics of my model for you to take a look at.
cheers

Hi Steve as you can see I simply pasted the printed interior on cardboard and started to build. From your diagrams I was able to determine the real location of the floor and the front panel.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back