six foot scratch built sulaco

barrie

Hello every one here is one I made a few months ago for a private collector, a six foot version of the sulaco from the film aliens, I hope that you guys like it, it has a detachable nose section and a centre plate so the model van be mounted on a stand, she took over six weeks to build and is very heavy, she is now in a private alien collection some where in the universe.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• SULACO FOUR.jpg
    SULACO FOUR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 753
  • DSCF0169.jpg
    DSCF0169.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCF0174.jpg
    DSCF0174.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCF0180.jpg
    DSCF0180.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCF0191.jpg
    DSCF0191.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCF0588.jpg
    DSCF0588.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCF0670.jpg
    DSCF0670.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 372
  • DSCF9677.jpg
    DSCF9677.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCF9690.jpg
    DSCF9690.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCF0589.jpg
    DSCF0589.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 391
Great job! I worked on Alien 3 and helped a bit with the redo the director insisted on. Always wanted to try my own build. Yours is beautiful!

awesome!

you delivered her without paint to the collector?

If you had more pics of the WIP, would be great and really instructive
Do you mind if I release your work in my website?

awesome!

you delivered her without paint to the collector?

If you had more pics of the WIP, would be great and really instructive
Do you mind if I release your work in my website?

NO I gave the model a basic grey coat for my collector friend and then he was going to do the rest, here are some more basic nuild up pics, and I have no problem with you putting my work on your website as long as you mention it was built by Barrie ( the old guy )

regards BarrieDSCF0141.jpgDSCF0181.jpgDSCF0574.jpgDSCF9532.jpgDSCF9652.jpgDSCF9771.jpgDSCF1473.jpgDSCF9680.jpgDSCF9690.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing job, amazing size.
What was the studio model length? It must have been close.

TazMan2000
I think that my own version is a little bigger but may not have all the correct detailing as the film guys build as they go and do not keep accurate record of just HOW they did it, but I think my own version is not bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Great job! I worked on Alien 3 and helped a bit with the redo the director insisted on. Always wanted to try my own build. Yours is beautiful!

All I can say is my friend is just give it a go I had no idea if I could complete the build but once I was underway I just kept doing a couple of hours each day and before long it was VERY long indeed, and not as bad to build as I first though after breaking it doen into smaller basic structures. go on have a go

Like I have said before barrie. Keep up the great work. This is truly amazing, but boy you must go through some GLUE!:lol

Like I have said before barrie. Keep up the great work. This is truly amazing, but boy you must go through some GLUE!:lol

YES Nick your right I do get through some glue, I use ema plastic weld cement, on this model I used around 8 or 9 bottles, its a great glue but you have to be quick as it evaporates fast, but a good solid weld of the plastic it does just what it says on the bottle.

regards Barrie

- - - Updated - - -

Great build. Only 6 weeks to do this....crazy.
Well you that phrase a long begins with a first step, just the same theory here a couple of hours each day doing things in small stages then WHAM a giant model seems to appear out of nowhere.....

regards Barrie

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back