Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Is Shia LaBeouf available? Indy could pass the torch to Mutt!
eZQqRNE.jpg

:D

I like this idea - but not Chris Pratt. He isn't right for Indy.

There will never be somebody that we all agree on, at least not for a character on the level of Indy. And anyone else will always represent some amount of alteration to the character. It's inevitable with recastings.

I like this idea - but not Chris Pratt. He isn't right for Indy.

I'm not anti-Pratt. The real question mark with Pratt is if he can pull off Indy's intellectual professor side. If we'd seen him in any egghead roles, the casting might be easier to picture.

Harrison Ford showed in Blade Runner 2049 that he still has the chops and presence to pull off anything put before him. His age has very little to do with it if a good story is structured around it. Just because he cant outrun a large stone ball anymore doesnt mean he`s still not Indy.

I never thought Indy could run very well anyway. Look at him in the streets of Cairo scenes in Raiders. It seems more like a fast walk, he always seems to have one foot on the ground at all times. Must be those Aldens. As previously stated, if a good story is written it could be a great movie.

And hey..... its Indiana Jones. Lets enjoy it while we can. We've already lost one Great Ford character. Lets not lose another.

Talk about lazy unimaginative writing..........

Me likey though! :lol

If they reboot they should soft reboot.

And old Indy goes looking for the fountain of youth in the 60s, finds it, it turns him young (Chris Pratt probably) and boom-- new/young Indy.

Last edited:
I think they should probably work on that script to figure out how to replace Ford to keep the franchise going.

Just so I'm clear - are you saying that because you want the franchise to keep going, or because you are resigned that it will keep going, whether you'd want it to or not?

I guess my view is - Indiana Jones is a character, not a "universe". Just like any character (or real person), when his story ends, it ends, Taking away the title character, there's no real "universe" or franchise-specific mythology left to explore (it's just our world, from many decades past, with the IJ character being the only unique aspect).

My view is that Harrison Ford embodied Indiana Jones - when he no longer is able to play the part, there's really no external reason to continue, no "story" left to tell that can only be told with this character in this universe.. If you (meaning the studio or the audience) want a swashbuckling adventurer chasing historical relics, feel free to come up with a new, different one (just as many novelists and filmmakers did both before and after IJ). There's no compelling reason to continue this particular franchise at that point, or to continue to use the "IJ Franchise Name" to shove a new character in.

M

Well it was the End of his story, hence Spielberg putting in the riding off into the sunset.

A shame George sold out and Steven got bored enough to give us this drivel

As far as the Mouse goes, well.........:unsure

I agree. The Last Crusade should have been (and in my head canon is) the last crusade. Indy rides off into the sunset, and that's the end of it. His story doesn't continue.

Studios don't approach brands that way anymore, though.

IMO the more (artistically) successful approach to these long-after sequels is to "fictionalize" them. Clint Eastwood wasn't literally playing one of his old characters in The Unforgiven but it struck the same chord. John Wayne in the The Shootist. Etc.

Spielberg could have put Harrison into an older-Indy-ish new character instead of doing Indy #4 and #5. Instead of cringing at the moments when these later movies didn't live up, we would have been smiling in the moments when they did.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back