STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Totally forgot about rebels last night, got a little spoiled but not too
concerned about it. I’ll be back tonight, with the wampa jump I guess I can say

“I got a bad feeling about this” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I put it in spoilers but then we talked openly I haste to ruin anything for you your the one that always reminds me my shows are on the "tonights the night " kept me from missing Walking dead thank you !

Anybody else get some Raiders of the Lost Ark type vibes with the music that was playing in Wolves and a Door? Especially when they were examining the art on the artifacts and the walls, I felt the music sounded similar to "The Map Room Dawn."

For sure. Two interesting episodes, not sure how this will effect SW storytelling going forward. There was a lot to unpack.

I love that Anakin was asked to take over for the father figure in this mortis temple thingy whatever its called back in the Clone wars Cartoon and turned it down , while the Emperor can't take it by force !

Still love ya Bry I'll stay outta the IX thread till the movie comes out so we can have a discussion over what IS and not fight over what could be !

I thought I was going to come out of this upset and anger...

Kinda opposite, I always loved Ashoka, glad to have her back and glad to see her walk down the diamond...

The time travel space time force thing is kinda heeeehh...

I have no problem with Ashoka surviving during the OT because she opening admits “she’s no Jedi”

Would love to see a side story of her bumping into Luke...

Ok I’m calling it right now, she trains Luke between ANH and ESB. She dies/gets killed and this is why obiwan appears to Luke and says “you must go to dagobah...”

You heard it here first! ;)

That was some serious jumping the Wampa for me... at least it happened in the zero hour...
Truthfully, the mortis arc had some serious time manipulation going on.

And from my understanding, the mortis arc was lucas' last real story contribution to the star wars Galaxy. So I'm happy to see them explore it further

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I hadn't heard it was Lucas. It seemed like Filoni thing to me. But I disliked the Mortis storyline in CW for a lot of the same reasons. I understand the force is a sort of transcendental thing, and playing with time/space/reality is a scifi trope-- it just seems very NOT Star Wars to me.

Actually, I'm not really sure it was time travel. The world between world's existed out of time, and you could look through portals to different moments. And although Ashoka was pulled there, I believe she went back to her original time.

Am I correct?
(If so, what has she been up to for the last year?)

I hadn't heard it was Lucas. It seemed like Filoni thing to me. But I disliked the Mortis storyline in CW for a lot of the same reasons. I understand the force is a sort of transcendental thing, and playing with time/space/reality is a scifi trope-- it just seems very NOT Star Wars to me.
You should watch the rebels recon. I'm normally not a fan but this one really provides insight.

Actually, I'm not really sure it was time travel. The world
between world's existed out of time, and you could look through portals to different moments. And although Ashoka was pulled there, I believe she went back to her original time.

Am I correct?
(If so, what has she been up to for the last year?)

You realize Ezra was outside the temple saying they can't leave Awoke at the same time a later version of himself was saving her!
how did that happen without time travel ?
Even if you claim he just witnessed the past as soon as he reached through then.......
At the very least Ezra's arm traveled through time to grab Asoka !
Even if for some reason she returned to her own time she traveled umteen light years to some crazy underworld pyramid temple thingy !

What did Vader see ?

How come the Emperor was at another portal or whatever shooting force flames another new one like he could not get though then his hand only ?strange.

And how the hell do the loath wolves just phase through the planet ????

Lots of questions can they all be answered in one more show ?

Last edited:
I don’t have a problem with the world between worlds because the last couple of books has explained the netherworld of the force is a place where time does not exist

If the books did not explain the netherworld of the force I would feel a little awkward with what we saw Monday night

I don’t like episodes that aren’t clearly explained, like the Morris arc in clone wars... when it was over I still didn’t have a clue as to what the hell I watched

Diamond shaped planet? When they entered was that time travel? Had to google interviews with dave and Lucas explaining Mortis

I didn’t like the Mortic arc when I first saw it, but now with the books and this new episode I should go back and watch it...

It also explains why the falcor... forgot the real name of the bird, follows Ashoka around

I like it when they open up the Force to be something new and greater than we've understood previously. It's something timeless in the galaxy - perhaps even beyond - and the ways of the Jedi and Sith are only a limited understanding and use of it. Our understanding of the Force, as viewers, has been broadened by the Mortis trio, the Dagoyan mystics, the Sisters of Dathomir, the Lothal Temple & Loth Wolves, Episode 8 and more. To quote Luke, "It's so much bigger!"

Random thoughts:

Time seemed to pass at a similar rate inside the temple as outside. After discussing events that Ahsoka missed, debating the rescue of Kanan & tussling with the Emperor; Ezra returned to Lothal after Sabine's interrogation & rescue, and Ahsoka returned to Malachor after the explosion of the Sith temple and Vader had time to crawl back to the surface. She then continued down into the ruins, as we glimpsed at the end of Season 2.

I think Vader's confident that Ahsoka is dead, because she disappeared right at the moment of the temple explosion. Then he was swallowed by it, and presumably searched around a bit afterward.

Loth wolves seem to access hyperspace somehow, which is pretty trippy. I LOLed when the one wolf snatched Chopper.

I thought it was cool that the Emperor was accessing the Lothal temple in a similar ritual to how he connected to Yoda on Moriband at the end of Clone Wars. Apparently he could communicate with them & attack through the Force, but needed Ezra's knowledge in order to truly enter the time/space network there. It was also pretty neat that his energy/flame attack looked very much like the burst of energy that was released upon his death in ROTJ. Not sure what that means, but it was a nice touch.

I think they got that idea from the original Clone Wars micro-series. Anakin has a very trials/dark side cave moment where cave paintings come to life.

Because this show is to well liked by the fans they have to to replace it . hopefully with something that will divide the fans and generally guff them up if at all possible !

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back