Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Same as me, they were the cheapest I could find, even with shipping to the uk. Didn't know it was December release though but that's ok, gives me time for a few hours overtime lol ;)

Same as me, they were the cheapest I could find, even with shipping to the uk. Didn't know it was December release though but that's ok, gives me time for a few hours overtime lol ;)

...cool, I'm in norn iron too

I'm likely gonna order mine from an ebay seller direct from Japan

How much was yours?

J

If you haven't done so already, go get yourselves the best possible set of sprue cutters that money can buy.
Don't scrimp on this - some of the parts on this kit (especially the pipe) run less than a millimetre in diameter - but there is literally ZERO flash.
The only clean up required during assembly is where they attach to the sprue and in the majority of case, that's minuscule.
I'm having more fun and enjoyment with this brilliantly engineered kit that I have for a long, long time.

...cool, I'm in norn iron too

I'm likely gonna order mine from an ebay seller direct from Japan

How much was yours?

J

If the shipping quote holds at 80$ then it's 410 all in, around 310 sterling. I,m expecting a bit extra for import charges, we will see John ;)

Got one on pre-order from Amazon. I had 3 Amazon gift cards that I have been saving up since around August 2016, and this was the perfect thing to use them for!
The site states I should receive it between Nov 6-10. Can't wait.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think we will most likely see it early November.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This may have slipped under the radar, given all the excitement over the northern hemisphere release,but for all us wanting a bandai PG falcon down under, it appears they are offically available!
https://hobbyco.com.au/bandai-gundam-172-pg-millenium-falcon

The $600 AU price tag maybe steep, but it works out the same as getting it from the US.
No, it really doesn't. Culttvman price is $339 US plus $80 shipping to Australia/New Zealand = $536.91 AUD

So how is this thing meant to be built? I see its snap fit, is glue an option? I just can't see how it can be assembled without it, there would be gaps all over the place?

I see there are many people who has no experience with bandai model kits ;) The fit on these kits is perfect, everything holds in place with no gaps... unless you were a very bad luck guy and you get a kit with warped sprues. I suppose, since this kit has a lot of very tiny details, that some of those little pieces in fact could be kinda loose (sometimes that happens with gundam kits forehead pieces), but you do not have to worry for the main pieces holding together without gaps.

So how is this thing meant to be built? I see its snap fit, is glue an option? I just can't see how it can be assembled without it, there would be gaps all over the place?
Quite the opposite. No gaps and perfect engineering. Don't worry - she'll hold together. (Though I'm using glue anyway).

Quite the opposite. No gaps and perfect engineering. Don't worry - she'll hold together. (Though I'm using glue anyway).

Dunno, I’ve been following a couple of builds online (1 in particular by a very reputable modeller), and it seems there are some gaps that can be improved by using liquid cement or mr surfacer in certain parts. I still don’t have it in my hands so can’t say first hand, but I always use tamiya fine cement in my other Bandai builds.

I just assembled the Y-Wing and I've used glue on all the small pipes and detail parts. I can't imagine not gluing those features on the Falcon. There's no way that would all stay put over time.

For those who are nervous, I think it is prudent to use the Tamiya fine glue on the real tiny parts. They might not fall off, but they are fragile and the more secure they are the better. I echo other members when they say that the Bandai kits, for the most part can be built glue-free. They are the best designed kits of this type I have experienced, and they are the leaders in the world for snap-fit kits. Until Bandai, snap-fit meant "kiddie kit", but not with Bandai. I prefer to call it "glue-free construction".

I built the Bandai 1:144 Millennium Falcon totally without glue, as an experiment, and, even with the super tiny piping and details, nothing has fallen off or shown any looseness.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back