Roddenberry Prop Announcements at Star Trek Las Vegas 2014

Well this is direct from Roddenberry.Com
Replicated from the original master tooling, this 1:1 scale version features screen-accurate layered sound and LED light sequences, including a 'ratchet-open' and 'ratchet-close'
I really hope that HMS PROPS are making these for Rod.com

Vidman, do you have your order in?

Replicated from the original master tooling, this 1:1 scale version features screen-accurate layered sound and LED light sequences, including a 'ratchet-open' and 'ratchet-close'

yes I ordered it as soon as I found out about it :D

the ratchet open and closed sounds were also advertised by MR , EFX and ROD.com( which did not happen). The closed fx occurred pretty much when the tric was almost closed ie a 1/4 to 1/2 inch away from fully closed and not as you started to close the door, this is why I sold my efx tric. Shoot the stapelton/gmprops kit I have can do the ratchet closing sound from the moment you start closing the door and all it took was getting it done for the low low price of $225 for everything but paint,
So if this new tric is like the others, it's going on the bay asap and I'll do my s/g kit and more than likely have a better tricorder with 2 sfx and silent (total 3 efx) plus the correct closing sfx sequence.

- - - Updated - - -

These new props are being made in china not HMS. The Com and Phaser II were prototyped by us for Rod.com.

so when if anytime soon will we see these items? :confused

Hay Propdept, Thanks but my bd is Dec2. I have changed that about 40 times and it still says Nov.

As to when you will see anything .You would have to talk to Rod .com I am out of the loop once we deliver a proto.

Hay Propdept, Thanks but my bd is Dec2. I have changed that about 40 times and it still says Nov.

As to when you will see anything .You would have to talk to Rod .com I am out of the loop once we deliver a proto.

Is the new phaser 2 prototype going to be different then the ones you use to make? If so, can you say what the differences will be?

It is a full phaser II with the extending tip and removable power handle. Phaser I has a full working raising diamond plate and extending tip as you rotate the wheel. That's what we put in it.

It is a full phaser II with the extending tip and removable power handle. Phaser I has a full working raising diamond plate and extending tip as you rotate the wheel. That's what we put in it.

Sounds like it will be an awesome phaser. You do quality work. Hopefully the manufacturer won't tinker with it like MR's did. Looking very forward to seeing it's release! Any chance we could see a pic or 2 of your prototype phaser, or would that violate terms of your contract?

You know back in the day, I let the Master Replicas and EFX Tricorder slip by. Back then the Master Replicas
was around $399 and EFX was $350. So when Roddenberry announced this Gem FOUR MONTHS AGO, I jumped right on it.

Checking Entertainment Earth has delivery at LATE January. Why not Tax Refund Season deliveries will begin? We will all have the extra cash to pick it by then:facepalm

They (Roddenberry.Com) keep saying, "it is worth the wait":lol It better be!!!

You know back in the day, I let the Master Replicas and EFX Tricorder slip by. Back then the Master Replicas
was around $399 and EFX was $350. So when Roddenberry announced this Gem FOUR MONTHS AGO, I jumped right on it.

Checking Entertainment Earth has delivery at LATE January. Why not Tax Refund Season deliveries will begin? We will all have the extra cash to pick it by then:facepalm

They (Roddenberry.Com) keep saying, "it is worth the wait":lol It better be!!!

I had the efx tric and the only thing that was impressive was the case and the holster, the tric itself was way to heavy being made of potmetal and of coarse the closing sound was way out of sequence. Fingers crossed hoping the Rod tric has everything correct................. :p

Well seeing that this Tric is diecast as was the Mr and eFx i think you are going to be disapointed

I had the efx tric and the only thing that was impressive was the case and the holster, the tric itself was way to heavy being made of potmetal and of coarse the closing sound was way out of sequence. Fingers crossed hoping the Rod tric has everything correct................. :p

Roddenberry has been heralding these for years.who knows when they will actually be out?? And at what his prices will probably be, I doubt I will get any myself..the wand has the telescoping beam emitter, rising sight, and the removeable handle..great price, and great features,.Since I primarily collect TOS prop replicas, Wand's is the nicest one out so far, easily forgiving any accuracy issues, and is very easy on the wallet..With wand having a head start, Roddenberry may have a bit of a tough time selling his ( whenever they come out) with his High end numbers..

Well seeing that this Tric is diecast as was the Mr and eFx i think you are going to be disappointed

So then that would mean again that these will be coming from the same factory as the other 2 were made at, yup very disappointing to hear :cry .

Hopefully (crossing fingers) the ratcheting sounds are correct :ninja .

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back