Iron Man gauntlet loose-fitting?

The14thDr

Sr Member
I’m working on a Mk.42 gauntlet and with 99% of the Pep work done, I’ve encountered a problem. Although I scaled it correctly to my arm, it is extremely loose-fitting (the opening it at least 2 or 3 times the width of my arm and just slips off whenever I wear it.)

I’m sure many others have encountered the same thing with their Iron Man suits, so how do you deal with it?

So my idea to counter this (cause I am a skinny build) was to build an under suit similar to the movies. my under suit is still a bit big but enough room for padding to be added to make the suit comfortable. then the outter shell would be attached by magnets and have the other end mounted to the inner frame (under suit)--I am currently working on this now and when I get parts in and boot assembled I will post pics. This also would keep the parts from shifting in final assembly when you wear it. I noticed at a comic con that if the suit was bigger the forearms and thighs would shift on the wearer and lock up the arm and leg movement. Just my take--way more work but worth it IMO. I have that issue with every pep forearm I have made, length is right but the width is always bigger than my forearm and the part could just spin around my wrist. So that was my solution to solving that issue.

That’s a brilliant idea, thank you IronDan27! I’m only planning on building a gauntlet and a boot (similar to the “warehouse escape” scene from Iron Man 3) so it would be well worth the extra effort for just two parts of the suit. I’m picturing something along the lines of the prototype flight stabilisers from the first movie.

Can’t wait to see photos of what you come up with. :)

Last edited:
Check out my MKIII build thread, I have some pics on the internal boot im printing (i ditched pep and got into 3D printing for now). And yes the flight stabilizers it what i was referring to the whole suit had an under structure and the red/yellow plates attached to that. That is how I am planning on building the MKIII but as of now I am only focusing on the Mark 1.5 (flight test suit) part. If you are doing the IM3 wareshouse escape costume I would definitley consider doing this as it will also help you maintain mobility in your foot since you are making a boot and keep the shin from rotating around your leg.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back