Solo: A Star Wars Story

Watching 'Aquarious' starring David Duchovney,....there's a rookie cop acted by Grey Damon,....has a young Harrison vibe
https://tvgeektalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Helter28.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9xjKWDAx_dc/VUOUnQGVSNI/AAAAAAAAPrw/h_GO4Yf5Xzw/s1600/NUP_168489_0098.jpg

Too late, I know

J

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if people actually remember what a young Ford looks like.

This guy is way too baby-faced and his eyes are wrong. He looks more like a young Brad Pitt, than a young Ford.

Ford has a longer/leaner face and much stronger facial features...especially the nose.

This is resemblance....
gBxGUlP.jpg

The one angle that Driver resembles Ford. That was the first pic I saw of Driver and thought "good choice, he looks like he could be Ford's kid". Then I saw him from other angles.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if people actually remember what a young Ford looks like.

This guy is way too baby-faced and his eyes are wrong. He looks more like a young Brad Pitt, than a young Ford.

Ford has a longer/leaner face and much stronger facial features...especially the nose.

This is resemblance....
View attachment 803698

It's not all about looks,....I said 'vibe'.....his acting & presence reminds me of Harrison

J

Wiki says 5'8"

That's shorter then I imagined. You would think it would be a prerequisite to be at least 5'11 in order to play Han Solo. Sure you can wear lifts and use all the camera trickery but it would be better not to need any of that in the first place.

5'8" is Hollywood code for "shorter than we want to admit." That's about the minimum number you ever see on any guy with leading-man aspirations. If he was really 5'8" then they would have called him 5'9" or 5'10". AE is probably more like 5'6" or 5'7".

I'm not sure why the height thing has become such a big deal, honestly. I guess it's where we are all centering all our frustrations about seeing AE as Han Solo instead of Harrison Ford. The way the character was originally imagined in the mid-1970s he didn't NEED to be tall. It helps his badass mojo but it isn't absolutely necessary. Short guys are people too. If AE is good for the role then his height won't sink it. If somebody else is wrong for the role then being 6'1" won't fix it.

@Jaitea
If it's not about looks, why try and sell your argument with not one but two pictures? One of which is a giant closeup of his baby-face?

Also, it's not all about you. @batguy said he "looks Harrison as hell".

@PantheraGem
Which angle does he not resemble Ford?

Show, don't tell.....

View attachment 803736

Adam Driver is perfect as a son of Han....yes there are facial similarities

But this is a thread about the Han Solo film & folks dismay of AE's casting of the main role,.....I don't see where the similarities of Adam Driver comes into this conversation

I saw Grey Damon in 'Aquarius',....& his performance reminded me of Harrison Ford....I'm sorry that this has rattled you,...do you know him or something? this has gone a bit weird

J

@Jaitea
If it's not about looks, why try and sell your argument with not one but two pictures? One of which is a giant closeup of his baby-face?

@PantheraGem

Show, don't just tell.....

View attachment 803736
I guess there's a slight resemblance in similar angle pics but I've never looked at either of them individually and thought they looked alike. Ford is just so much better looking from every angle.

@PantheraGem
So, you have nothing. Got it.

@Jaitea
The similarity is relevant in showing what an actual real resemblance looks like. Posting baby-faces with model-like features. Might as well throw up a pic of Channing Tatum and claim he evokes a young Ford.

Your guy actually looks like he rolled of the same assembly line as AE.

@ddspike22
I'm not claiming he's a perfect clone or anything. But they share a real resemblance, unlike a lot of other choices thrown up here.

I have no comment on either of their attractiveness. Not the path I travel.

You know, speaking of Harrison Ford he's probably my favorite actor of all time, followed closely by Gary Oldman.

Now, Gary Oldman has played some amazing characters in his days on screen and completely transforms himself every single time and it's a privilege to see. From Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula, to his outstanding performance as Drexl Spivey in the highly underrated "True Romance", to Sid Vicious in "Sid and Nancy". Just to name a few. The list literally could go on for quite sometime. With that said...

The thing that always amazed me about Harrison Ford is, he has such a distinctive look and voice and has played some of the most iconic characters of all time in film, there's really no mistaking Harrison Ford for anyone else and yet at no point, have I personally, had a time when I was watching something like "Presumed Innocent" or "Regarding Henry" and said "Hey, there's Indiana Jones!" or sat down to watch "Mosquito Coast", "Witness" or "The Devil's Own" and thought to my self "Awe cool, Han Solo!"

The fact that he's able to completely take my mind off other characters he's played in the past and draw me into the character he's portraying in whatever I'm watching, without the use of heavy makeup or extreme costumes, has always impressed me and is why he'll always be one of my favorites.

Harrison Ford love fest over. Now back to the regularly scheduled "Solo: A Star Wars Story" post already in progress.

Adam Driver does look like he could be related to Ford. Not nearly the same guy, just related.

But I doubt the resemblance was a major factor in casting him as Ford's son.

AD gives Kylo/Ben a rare combination: The evil-emo-teenager vibe, but he can also be very physically threatening like a bully, and yet you could imagine him being redeemed too. Not many actors could bring all that to the table at the same time.

Driver AND River Phoenix were able to do something that if Alden can pull off, he may be able to come out of this mess...

They both were able to do what Harrison Ford does so well, which is take a line you THINK you know how it should be read, and bring something more to it.

I bought River as Indy not because he looked like him, but he was able to hit the dialogue and mannerisms right.

I bought Driver in his role as Han's kid because he too could take boring lines and make them work with takes that just seem brilliant.

That kid that LOOKS like Han (age of adaline dude) won people over because his Han Solo line readings ALSO had that slight twist to them, but only cuz he was doing them EXACTLY as Harrison did.

So I'm not writing off Alden yet.... I'll wait to see how he performs.

@Jaitea

@PantheraGem

Show, don't just tell.....

View attachment 803736

Sorry, why are we talking about Adam Driver here? I realize this thread gets off topic A LOT. But, Adam Driver as Solo's son is the result of what some (crazy) person thinks 2 attractive people (hey, Carrie was hot once) would create together. What we're talking about here is someone BEING Han Solo. That's different.

Just like Alden Ehrenreich is VERY different from Harrison Ford. :rolleyes And, despite this ridiculously forced photo study, I think we can all agree that Adam driver is brutal looking. Nothing like Ford.

Sorry, why are we talking about Adam Driver here? I realize this thread gets off topic A LOT. But, Adam Driver as Solo's son is the result of what some (crazy) person thinks 2 attractive people (hey, Carrie was hot once) would create together. What we're talking about here is someone BEING Han Solo. That's different.

Just like Alden Ehrenreich is VERY different from Harrison Ford. :rolleyes And, despite this ridiculously forced photo study, I think we can all agree that Adam driver is brutal looking. Nothing like Ford.

Perfectly on point post.

I too enjoyed River Phoenix as a younger Indy in The Last Crusade. Thst said, if you want to be critical you could nit-pick.

Those were pre-internet days of course when everyone didn't need to be an opinionated expert ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back