Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Tht does suck! But are you actually surprised? I’m surprised you got 10 hours out of them.
I don't know... A part of me was thinking I'd get lucky..... *Sigh* I worked my a** off for 6 months to get that money... It's not easy for a 16 year old with no job to get $1050.... Professor_sneakers offered to buy them for $175. I'm gonna see if I can talk to David, get a pair of v3.1's

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

That's not good. If you can get the mechanism out, maybe you can swap the gears out. They look like they may have come from micro servos. It's possible you may even be able to swap them for metal ones. I would think it unlikely they made a special gear set for these shoes, as it would be costly to develop. Worth investigating.

AjiPro I understand man and I know the feeling of hoping you got the one pair that is perfect but these are cheap electronics and motors. It was a matter of time. I know that one guy who had his V4’s break and David gave him another pair for $500. I can guarantee you that he won’t just give you a pair, even if the V3’s. I think $175 is a joke. You could get $400-$500 from someone else. Most likely. Good luck man.

Last edited by a moderator:
$1300 is a lot considering they wouldn't last more than 10 hours.

Think it's clear that even a new pair would be the same. They should have invested some real money on electronics that work well.

This means others probably won't buy them.

$175 isn't worth it. Keep them and try fixing

$1300 is a lot considering they wouldn't last more than 10 hours.

Think it's clear that even a new pair would be the same. They should have invested some real money on electronics that work well.

This means others probably won't buy them.

$175 isn't worth it. Keep them and try fixing
I wouldn't even know where to start with trying to fix them.... I mean... I could aways cut and reglue the broken laces and make them into v3.2's lol

I wouldn't even know where to start with trying to fix them.... I mean... I could aways cut and reglue the broken laces and make them into v3.2's lol

I do feel for you buddy, definitely try talking to David to see what he says. As @Jedifyfe said, I was completely surprised you got as long as you did out of them!

I think it’s safe to say that it doesn’t matter which variant of these shoes are bought, they will always fail as they’re made from cheap & cheerful materials with no love. I remember when my original pair of v3s packed up, which was about 5 mins after I wore them for the first time. As much as they resemble the official Mag, side by side there’s no comparison. The quality of the materials & attention to detail in the assembly alone in the RD is out of this world, they feel special, that’s what we should be getting at this price point, but even with decent fabrication & huge R&D the official Mags still fail after time.

This surely is a warning to everyone debating buying these, they’re a hell of a lot of money & there is zero comeback when they fail. I know everyone slags off the HyperAdapt for being ugly & expensive, but if Nike can bang out these shoes with decent technology, durable parts & with a warranty at half the price David is charging for a knock off shoe with shoddy assembly & garbage components, then we’re being right royally bent over.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're fine. That's why I said that, worse comes to worse, I make the laces elastic again, feed and Glue them into the holes, and make them into v3.2's, with blinking charging lights

Magnetic lacing would be cool. Not sure how to make it work with what you have.

So are the laces still attached inside or do they move enough to pull them out?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Magnetic lacing would be cool. Not sure how to make it work with what you have.

So are the laces still attached inside or do they move enough to pull them out?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
They're still attached inside, I'd need to cut them to move them

They're still attached inside, I'd need to cut them to move them

I wouldn't cut them. If you are able to take the shoe apart and switch the gears out, hopefully it's the ones right off the servo, with metal ones it could still work.

You've spend a lot of hard earned money on them just to make them into shoes that are half the price originally.

If David is only offering you another pair at a lower price I would ask for new internals for free (the least I feel he should do, some money back would be nice too for all the trouble). That way you could at least just swap them out. And of course make a video of you doing it [emoji6]

It's a big bullet to bite taking a loss on them.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't cut them. If you are able to take the shoe apart and switch the gears out, hopefully it's the ones right off the servo, with metal ones it could still work.

You've spend a lot of hard earned money on them just to make them into shoes that are half the price originally.

If David is only offering you another pair at a lower price I would ask for new internals for free (the least I feel he should do, some money back would be nice too for all the trouble). That way you could at least just swap them out. And of course make a video of you doing it [emoji6]

It's a big bullet to bite taking a loss on them.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I'm scared that once I take them apart, I won't be able to put them back together. He can't get me a replacement pair, or any internal parts. The best he can do its send me a free pair of Yeezy's as compensation

I'm scared that once I take them apart, I won't be able to put them back together. He can't get me a replacement pair, or any internal parts. The best he can do its send me a free pair of Yeezy's as compensation

What does he expect you to do with yeezys.

I wonder who he buys them from. He must be a middle man. Need to find out who makes them somehow

I'm not going down without a fight
796c1c413379413e65f838db0f6eb15c.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back