Game of Thrones

Kinda like how Arya had plenty of opportunities to kill Tywin Lannister while working for him, even at the cost of her own life, but never did?

Sorry, but the feuding sisters storyline is just dumb.

Well to be fair Arya had no Faceless man training when she was working for Tywin. But I agree with your point. I'm still hoping the Stark Sister War is a fake out... though if it is it's been very poorly done.

I think Arya is just letting Sansa know that they've both grown, but the path Sansa took was the unloyal one.

Arya did her training for family, Sansa was doing it to stay alive.

Hopefully this pays off later. It was a dumb plot point, but I think it will pan out as a ploy to fool LF.

Now all these out of character moves, but the most in character move goes to the Hound! That ****ing rock throw :lol

I felt that Sansa's sending Brienne to King's Landing was intentional to remove her from the equation so Little Finger can't use her as a pawn. Yes, he'll know that she's left, but I think that it's pretty clear that he's waging a defensive war and between the Starks and his survival. Both sides are playing games and I'm not all that sold that Arya is blind to what he's doing. I think she's using the situation to see where Sansa's loyalties lay and isn't really planning on killing her at all. Once she knows Sansa is loyal to the family she's going to kill Little Finger.

As for this episode, I don't think it was a throw away episode at all. It'll ensure that all know the army of the dead is real, let Daenarys know that she really has feelings for Jon, solidified the north and Daenarys as allies, gave the Night King a dragon, and let us hear the C word in creative ways.

This is just spit-balling, but I have a feeling that the Night King somehow knew, or at least had strong suspicions about what was about to go down. We don't know the extend of his powers, but he's able to catch Bran every time he tries to spy on him, so, the theory that the NK is a time traveling Bran stuck in whoever used to be the NK aside, I think the NK has similar abilities to see the past and the future. Hence why he waited for the dragons to show up, conveniently had magical ice spears at his disposal, and big ass chains for later. That was his plan all along.
Good episode though, even if the fast travelling is a bit distracting, but those dragons were badass as hell, and Tormund is a gold mine of jokes, especially paired with the Hound now !

Possible explanation for Starkbowl 2017.

Sansa isn't in on anything. But Arya is testing her loyalty, and is playing this out to lure Littlefinger into taking it too far. Arya knows Sansa can't maintain the facade of relying on Littlefinger, so she's using Sansa and Sansa's approach to get Littlefinger to turn on her, at which point, Arya will take him out.

Otherwise, this whole storyline is just too stupid.

"Hey... Hey Sansa.... Switch with me."

8RtRujr.jpg

Possible explanation for Starkbowl 2017.

Sansa isn't in on anything. But Arya is testing her loyalty, and is playing this out to lure Littlefinger into taking it too far. Arya knows Sansa can't maintain the facade of relying on Littlefinger, so she's using Sansa and Sansa's approach to get Littlefinger to turn on her, at which point, Arya will take him out.

Otherwise, this whole storyline is just too stupid.

I can see this being the case. No way both Arya and Sansa can be this naive. As I stated, I think Arya is using this to vet Sansa's loyalty before LF gets offed.

I wish they were conning Littlefinger, but alas, it appears not:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of-thrones-director-on-jon-snow-and-dany-incest-is-coming
Reading the reaction to the Arya and Sansa scenes, it seems like people genuinely can’t decide whose side they’re on in that sisterly showdown.

Yeah. The intention really was to question whose side are you on in terms of who’s right, but also whose side are you on in terms of who’s more lethal. We know that Arya is dangerous. At the same time when Sansa says something like, “I won the Battle of the Bastards,” she’s absolutely right. So they both have acclaim. They’ve both been through hell and been changed by it. I certainly wanted to set up the idea as much as possible that either one of them could kill the other, and it could happen very soon.

I dunno y'all, I feel like this is *maybe* the episode where we jumped the shark. The Arya/Sansa dynamic is just...off.

Somehow that fight against the wight's managed to not be that great simply because it lasted too long. That sequence could easily have been tightened up. As a swimmer I can say without equivocation folks are spending WAY too much time underwater fully clothed in battle armor or layers of furs. Jon, wearing what he was, would have been hard pressed to get back up to the surface and would have frozen Tom death on the ride back to Eastwatch.

Somehow that fight against the wight's managed to not be that great simply because it lasted too long. That sequence could easily have been tightened up. As a swimmer I can say without equivocation folks are spending WAY too much time underwater fully clothed in battle armor or layers of furs. Jon, wearing what he was, would have been hard pressed to get back up to the surface and would have frozen Tom death on the ride back to Eastwatch.
Maybe John is resistant to Cold (Song of fire and ice)? Just as Danny is resistant to fite, she can feel the heat but it doesn't burn her.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe John is resistant to Cold (Song of fire and ice)? Just as Danny is resistant to fite, she can feel the heat but it doesn't burn her.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
But that hasn't been set up the way it has with Dany. It would work well if it had been, I think, but it hasn't been.

Crappy episode.

The dragon being killed with a lance throw atleast 500 yards is crazy. Also the dragon being a zombie now doesn't scare me. With so much dragon glass they have now. You can just fire a ton of arrows at it or just 1 good shot ( Bronn to the main deck) to drop it. It only has to touch the scale for it to die.

why didn't the brotherhood not turn every weapon into flame swords? All they had to do is touch the blades.

IMG_2607.PNG

With the absolute breakneck pace of this season I'm not surprised that the dragons showed up in the very same episode. If this were the first instance of super quick arrivals and nick-of-time deus ex style rescues I'd complain, but this whole season has been like that.

In this case I'd call it, deus ex draconis.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back